Detailing World Forum banner

Do you "wet" your car before your pre-wash?

12K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Daytona675 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So for those who use a pre-wash in either the form of snow foam or just a spray on pre-wash - do you wet the car with your pressure washer first or just apply the pre-wash stright onto the panel without wetting the panel first?

Interested to head what everyone does.

#7 ·
I'm glad you asked this mate, as I do, and haven't been seeing the results from a new product I've been using (Carpro Citrus), this may explain that.

However, I did do my wheels exactly the same, and it wasn't until I saw a video online a few weeks ago of Hellfire being used on dry wheels I changed my process. :thumb:

#13 ·
Interesting thread. I was always lead to believe you should get the majority off with a hose before prewash as it will only get the top layer off. Like thick mud I'm talking about. I always believed you'd only damage your paint if you physically rubbed the grit into the paint. I know what you guys are saying that the pressure washer will drag it across but not with a heavy hand behind pushing it further in and giving the dirt no where to go.

#20 ·
Always dry, I find that the snow foam just rolls off a wet car - especially if it has a good coat of wax. It then gives you time to go round the tight areas with a detailing brush - badges, grills, lights filler cap etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah see I've always wondered why people go round all the intricate areas with a brush at this stage, as its wrong to me

For me the car is still dirty and so I'll never use a brush until I've at least pw rinsed it and shampooed the car

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.