Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 02-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #11
pajd
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac86 View Post
Don't know about the rest of you guys in the UK but the weather here in Northern Ireland has been pretty terrible for the last month or so. I have just got my new car and have been itching to use all my new Zaino products on her but the rain just hasn't stopped!

There's a small window of a couple of hours tomorrow but its going to be rushed, so I might just apply a coat of AG SRP and EGP to protect the car for a while, although it could be 2016 before Ireland sees any sunshine again!

Really want to use my Zaino polishes and sealants but don't have access to indoor facilities so pretty screwed.

Edit: also should have mentioned we are getting a lot of work done to the house at the moment so my polisher is buried under a pile of c**p in the garage so I can't use that either, arggg!!!
The past month? Its been crap since the great few days we had during Easter. Worst summer I can remember
pajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #12
sandyt87
Sponge Jockey

Feel your pain. Last week I finally got round to using my new DA and what happens? Bright clear skies followed by short bursts of torrential rain.

Mind you the decontamination stage went well and the day after I just rinsed, snow foamed and set about getting stuck in again.

But I am going to ask a few friends if I can use some of their workspace to really get stuck in. I'd still love to know how the mobile guys manage to get the job done with the UK weather the way it is.

Any way it was worth the wait since I learnt a lot just doing the bonnet on my Corsa. Found some brake fluid etching, solvent outgassing marks, bird **** etching and some cracking scratches that I will not touch until I have a PTG. All in all using a DA wasn't as daunting as I first thought. Swirls are gone but now all the RDS show up like a sore thumb lol
sandyt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:37 AM   #13
Lugy
PC Perfectionist

Garage
To be fair, today was quite nice though typically I'd just left the garage (I'm fortunate enough to have a unit I share with mates, unfortunately it's 35miles from home!) to head home and saw some spots of rain on the windscreen. Didn't come to anything though.
I'm nightshift this week so it wouldn't surprise me if the weather was superb when I'm sleeping. Lol.
Lugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #14
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,677 Times in 4,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugy View Post
To be fair, today was quite nice though typically I'd just left the garage (I'm fortunate enough to have a unit I share with mates, unfortunately it's 35miles from home!) to head home and saw some spots of rain on the windscreen. Didn't come to anything though.
I'm nightshift this week so it wouldn't surprise me if the weather was superb when I'm sleeping. Lol.
It wasn't too bad at all today, even in Aberdeen.

Those spindles getting kept busy at work? I'm hearing of a lot of places really struggling.
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
Lugy (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 03:19 AM   #15
Lugy
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
It wasn't too bad at all today, even in Aberdeen.

Those spindles getting kept busy at work? I'm hearing of a lot of places really struggling.
It's even still quite pleasant outside!

Aye, pretty much unlimited overtime, doesn't look busy on the floor but the yards are starting to get overrun with metal. Can't complain really. I'm hearing of a few places in the same boat but others are laying men off, guess it's down to what contracts/customers you've got. What's it like up by?
Lugy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lugy For This Useful Post:
Kerr (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 03:41 AM   #16
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,677 Times in 4,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugy View Post
It's even still quite pleasant outside!

Aye, pretty much unlimited overtime, doesn't look busy on the floor but the yards are starting to get overrun with metal. Can't complain really. I'm hearing of a few places in the same boat but others are laying men off, guess it's down to what contracts/customers you've got. What's it like up by?
All our guys are still doing overtime on the tools. We are laying people off across the board though. Luckily most people took voluntary redundancy and most guys only had a short time to go before retirement. Rather than leaving with their pension in a few months time, they've left with a sizeable about of cash too. A real win win for those guys.

Speaking to quite a few companies and they are struggling badly, most so in the West. Some of them are reducing their workforces by 1/3+ and some have no work at all. That's quite scary this early in.

The big companies are still subcontracting work out as they need their subcontractors to survive. It won't last forever like this, and they'll be needed at the other side.

It has been a harsh and unexpected dip.
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autoglym, rain, rmac86, zaino