Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 08-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
rmac86
Washmitt Meister

Help me chose a sealant for white car

A recent change to a white car has made me decide sealant is the way to go. I remember someone posting on here that sealants generally suited white or grey paint better so this made me want to experiment with sealants.

To keep things simple I’ve narrowed the choice down to three sealants I can source fairly locally. I have listed these in no particular order and with some reasons I want to try them.

• Poorboys EXP – have wanted to try this out for a while as I have the full PB polish range and find they work really well with the waxes SSR polishes and Natty’s wax and think they are amazing so am thinking the pure sealant should produce some great results. Only thing that bothers me somewhat is the durability – some here have said it’s as little as 3 months, which in my mind is pretty rubbish for a sealant
Zaino Z2 – reports of people using this seems to be fairly consistent in that the durability seems to be very good and the looks offered are good. Already tried Clear Seal on the glass of a previous car and wasn’t overly impressed, found it attracted more dirt than it repelled, although I probably applied far too much.
Auto Finesse Power Seal – this seems to be the most durable of the whole lot (upwards of 6 months apparently), but the real selling point for me is this one can be applied by machine, which as far as I am aware none of the rest can.

Paint prep will be the same regardless of which of the above is used – full degrease wash, de-tar/iron, clay then DA polish with PB SSR 2 or 1 depending on paint condition.

So, from the choices above, what would you pick if you were sealing a solid white car? Money is no issue here, but please can you limit your responses to one of the above choices.

Thanks,

R.
rmac86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
suspal
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,070 Times in 3,298 Posts
Carlack long life sealant is great,Menzerna powerlock,megs#20,#21,chemical guys white light or jetseal 109,fk1000 and out of the list above zaino 2 with zfx or z5 followed by z6 and z8 would be my advice to you.
suspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,585 Posts
Garage
I can't comment on your three choices as I've never used them. However, if ️you haven't already, can I suggest you take a look at Gyeon Can Coat. I use it on our two white cars and it gives great gloss levels and is easy to maintain with Gyeon Cure or Wet Coat or even Bathe+. They all leave great gloss and in my experience lasted throughout winter and yes it does leave the car cleaner for longer which is important on white cars.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #4
gally
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,535 Posts
Garage
I love Z2 and the Zaino system, it truly has stood the test of time against all these new aged well marketed products.

I think there are much better products out there these days when comparing the other 2 in all fairness. CarPro reload spray sealant consistantly blows my mind no matter whast colour I use it on but on light colours it's just immense.

I think Z2 system with Z6/Z8 will look better but you can use Reload much easier and in my testing will go over anything.

Can I just ask, how's your prep? I find decontamination and cleansing on light colours to be absolute paramount no matter what the LSP was.

Here is a White Octavia VRS I detailed recently...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=360396
gally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
Twister
Sponge Jockey

I haven't tried Power Seal so can't comment on this one but I would hands down recommend Z2. It leaves an extremely nice finish with great durability.

I didn't really rate EXP. It was easy to use but wasn't that impressed with the finish or durability it provided.
Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
cossiecol
Moderator & Reviewer

Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,803 Posts
If money is no object then I would suggest you try Ammo Skin, I've had fantastic results on my (white) car. Or C2v3.

However out the ones you listed I would go for Zaino if it was my money, purely based on the reports from others on it.
cossiecol is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto finesse, poorboys, zaino