Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Wax Planet
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #1
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,123 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review – WaxPlanet Simplewax Armageddon

Detailingworld™ Review – WaxPlanet Simplewax Armageddon
Introduction
I'm not sure this wax needs much introduction if you have been on Facebook in the last 2 months or so. As a collaboration between WaxPlanet and Simplewax on the back of Simplewax's release of Armour (a wax with staggering water behaviour), their task was to supercharge and improve Armour with enhanced properties all round, and so Armageddon was born

The Product
As per the usual high standard expected from WaxPlanet and Simplewax, the was was supplied in a 200ml glass pot, with some of the best labelling I have seen on any pot. I think the chrome backed labels look absolutely stunning

As a pre-launch special edition, mine was an blend of two colours, blue and yellow which mimicked the decal on the lid, a very nice touch
Standard pours are just the yellow colour

Because this is a fully synthetic wax the water behaviour is stacking up to be off the charts, and as a teaser, this does not disappoint

The Manufacturer says:
Armageddon Synthetic Elegance is a full synthetic wax designed from the ground up to provide gloss, protection, beading and ease of use all in one product.

The water behaviour of this wax is fantastic with beading and sheeting giving fantastic protection

Apply a very thin coat to the panel and allow to cure, remove with a short pile buffing cloth and buff to a sublime gloss finish.

The Method
After washing, cleansing & panel wiping the polo it was time to get a couple of layer down

Using my trusty applicator puck, I loaded up the pad with a quarter turn, and man this wax is so slippery! Definitely don't need much and its nice to see the two different colours on the pad

Working around the car, each quarter turn would cover a whole panel, so definitely a small amount is needed, with this wax spreading for miles and miles

Having a white car makes this incredibly difficult to capture photos of applied wax so this is literally the only one that looks any good

I left the first layer to cure after doing half the car, then removed with a zero finish hd cloth. These cloths have alot of bite and the wax removed very easily, with only the smallest hint of grab

2nd layer was added after after about half an hour of the 1st being finished, with the exact same method. I think in cooler temps you might even be able to squeeze a whole car out before removing

There were some faint holograms when viewed in direct sunlight so these were removed with a longer pile mf cloth

Standing back to see the results, I think I'll let the pics speak for themselves but this is one glossy wax!

And now for the water behaviour, this thing is off the charts!

And I've tried to do a small vid of the beads too, just in case the pictures aren't enough!

Price
A 200ml pot of this will set you back Ł55, and can be found here

http://www.waxplanet.co.uk/Armageddo...hetic-Elegance

Would I use it again?
Absolutely, this has to be hands down some of the best beading I have seen from a wax, with crazy gloss to boot.

A dream to use and the pot looks so premium, what's not to like?

Conclusion
I think Tony and Nadeem have smashed it out of the park with this one. Building on what made Armour great and improving on it in every way this has to be one of the best waxes around at the moment

It ticks every box for me possible, great looks, water behaviour, price, packaging, ease of use etc

Will update as and when the rain comes with some more beading shots, as we all like those

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (14-04-2018), fethead (19-04-2018), Karl woods (16-04-2018), todds (17-04-2018), uggski (15-04-2018), Zebra (24-04-2018)
Old 14-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #2
matty.13
PC Perfectionist

Great review . Car looks super shiny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matty.13 is offline   Reply With Quote