Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
Tifosi
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 161
Thanks: 26
Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
Alloy wheel protection.

I don't know why I didn't think of this as my wheel LSP before!

So, WoWo wheel cleaner, a coat of Supernatural Hybrid wax, then a coat of Zaino Clear Seal. It tanked down today and the water repellency was first class. The best bit.....nothing stuck to the wheels.

It could be argued that ZCS is pricey, but I got it for £6, unused from Fleabay.

Someone tell me I have done it all wrong, now.
Tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
Christian6984
Distinguished Detailer
 
Christian6984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 5,442
Thanks: 1,040
Thanked 1,363 Times in 1,277 Posts
Garage
If its working well then great, at least they are protected. Didn't know much about Zaino CS but see on their website can be used as product to top other waxes etc. one thing it does say is 'Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes'
Christian6984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
Tifosi
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 161
Thanks: 26
Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian6984 View Post
If its working well then great, at least they are protected. Didn't know much about Zaino CS but see on their website can be used as product to top other waxes etc. one thing it does say is 'Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes'

It was cured. Either way, no mention of that on the user instructions.

There always has to be someone......
Tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 02:19 AM   #4
Titanium Htail
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Titanium Htail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 2,234
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 926 Times in 819 Posts
Garage
Results to that extent are factual, I am going down the shampoo wheel clean as the least intrusive product to clean my wheels from a #whitedetail suggestion.

I have two coats of FK1000p which is standing up well through the winter with regular washing. Keep taking the wheels off needs a more suitable stretegy some some Gtechniq Wheel Armour may be my next logical progressive step.

Zaino have always produced good products Supernatural a great paint product, keeping wheels pristine for a period is a constant challenge, even if only the face is done on a regular basis those innets soon need attention.

Good luck let us know how they stand up to the winter, my wifes black little car gets little use or mileage so far simplier than my own daily driver.

John Tht.
Titanium Htail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
Slick 77
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Slick 77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North West
Posts: 1,134
Thanks: 95
Thanked 64 Times in 60 Posts
Garage
I still use Z-CS on my wheels here as trying to finish the bottle to try something new! it works well, lasts about 1-2 months. I can just jet wash the alloys and the dirt just comes off
Slick 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
\Rian
Orbital Oracle
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 688
Thanks: 16
Thanked 220 Times in 184 Posts
Garage
2 things I can see I would not agree with

1) you put a sealant over a wax, so your Carnuba is under the sealant, I would put it ontop to give maxium gloss as the clear seal will most likely outlast the wax and if the wax fails first then clear seal goes with it

2) coatings like this generally dont last on wheels due to the heat, abrasive road material, break dust and other things a wheel has to endure

, preparing a wheel for a coating isnt to easy if they aint brand new! so if your going to go to all that effort then I would apply C5 like I did to my new 3SDM 0.05 alloys before putting them on the car as a ceramic sealant applied correctly will last a year
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #7
Tifosi
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 161
Thanks: 26
Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
2 things I can see I would not agree with

1) you put a sealant over a wax, so your Carnuba is under the sealant, I would put it ontop to give maxium gloss as the clear seal will most likely outlast the wax and if the wax fails first then clear seal goes with it

2) coatings like this generally dont last on wheels due to the heat, abrasive road material, break dust and other things a wheel has to endure

, preparing a wheel for a coating isnt to easy if they aint brand new! so if your going to go to all that effort then I would apply C5 like I did to my new 3SDM 0.05 alloys before putting them on the car as a ceramic sealant applied correctly will last a year
Wrong......ZCS is the LSP and it sits on any other product.
Tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #8
Tifosi
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 161
Thanks: 26
Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick 77 View Post
I still use Z-CS on my wheels here as trying to finish the bottle to try something new! it works well, lasts about 1-2 months. I can just jet wash the alloys and the dirt just comes off
My thoughts too.
Tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #9
\Rian
Orbital Oracle
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 688
Thanks: 16
Thanked 220 Times in 184 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
Wrong......ZCS is the LSP and it sits on any other product.
Both are LSP's

It may well do however due to the DODO juice having Carnuba in it I would use it as the top layer not the bottom layer.

And both products are LSP's to be factual

I just have a different opinion to yourself in that I would use a pure polymer coating to put down first (Zaino Clear Seal) and then top with a wax (DODO juice)

Most people would agree to layer a Carnuba on top of a polymer not underneath as the Carnuba give paint a warmer deeper look so covering that up would be counter intuitive
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 06:06 PM   #10
Tifosi
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 161
Thanks: 26
Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
We will agree to disagree. In either event, it may not be as durable as I suspect, but I used the same method on the bonnet too.

Ultimately, who cares.....I like the theraputic nature of detailng and combinations, etc.
Tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors