Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Old 16-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #1
G.Fraser
Sponge Jockey

Anyway to Remove C5 from Wheels?

Hi all, I applied C5 to my wheels earlier on in the summer and I've never been quite happy with the result. It's entirely my fault as I didn't buff off properly after application as I was concerned I'd just wipe the product off! As such, although nicely protected (they're so easy to clean now!), they're just not as shiny as I'd like.

From what I've read there's no real way of removing C5, so I fully expect to just wait until it wears off and then try again, but if there is a way then I'm all ears! It's not that bad really but it just gets my OCD. My wheels (car was bought used) had really ingrained dirt on the backs I couldn't remove despite heavy scrubbing with a clay bar, so I'm not averse to using a heavy chemical cleaner just to strip them back this one time, as I would do this next time anyway.

Any advice welcome, I'm tempted to send the wheels off for a refurb but they're not scratched or dinged at all, plus there's the problem that I need some wheels on my car!

By the way I love C5! It's doing a great job protecting my new calipers (buffed properly this time!) and it's made my black plastics look like new! My front grille was always a pain to clean but it's easy now and looks great. It's an excellent product, I just should've practiced on my wife's car first it doesn't help that my wheels are gloss black.

Cheers all!
G.Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #2
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,038 Posts
It will polish off. A finishing polish like m205 will do.
fatdazza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,410 Times in 2,673 Posts
Garage
It's a great product C5 it would of only taken you 5 minute to watch a quick video to realise how easy it is to apply and remove and probably now you will have to remove it by either a strong wheel cleaner like Meguairs wheel brightener or a machine polish as it would be a lot thicker than normal
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #4
G.Fraser
Sponge Jockey

Hi, thanks guys I'll have a look at polishing it off next spring then, they'll have had a winter of road salt etc battering them and the C5 will have been on for nearly a year.

I did watch videos first, and read a few 'how to' guides too. Ultimately there's no substitute for doing it for real and gaining experience. I messed up slightly on this occasion, lesson learned and no real harm done! As per myfirst post, I don't blame C5 and it has done wonders for my plastics.
G.Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote