Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #591
Minuki
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Crazy but nice a credit to you pal
Thanks mate
Minuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #592
Minuki
PC Perfectionist

It's been a while since I have given an update about the Red Touring, but I figured I'd chuck these recent pictures in here, just to bring it back from the dead

She's probably not going to have the M Systems on for much longer, these will be coming off to complete the next look of the Silver Touring. I'll probably find some Style 66's or something similar to tide me over until I find some Brock B1's or some Azev A's, I really want that 17x8.5/10j look again.

I've still to find a rear Aero bumper for it as well as an ACS or OEM BMW rear wing, but those can wait, I'm not exactly in a rush or anything since this will still be my daily driver and I don't want to throw money at it every time something comes up for sale. I do however want to fit heated seats, I have the seats with the elements, just need the rest of the wiring.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #593
Minuki
PC Perfectionist

Spent last weekend in Munich doing all things BMW. Went to the Museum and BMW Welt and visited BMW Classic before we came home. It was so good, happily do it all over again.

Here's some pics from my phone, I'll probably post a bunch more when I get a chance.

Got lucky at a dealership in Munich and BMW Classic, brought a load of plate frames back because they're cool as ****.

Today I decided to start clearing up some of the wiring in my engine bay, so that it's ready for when I take it home at some point to have the engine bay painted. The left hand side is almost how I want it, just need to remove some unwanted brackets and neaten up the headlight wiring. The right hand side will need a lot more thought and work, as that is where all the headlight loom is.

I've got some engine raisers to fit as well as relocating the fuel filter, I'd like to take the car to Europe next year, so want to get these jobs done and out of the way for stress free driving.
Old 27-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #594
Minuki
PC Perfectionist

Got round to fitting some engine raisers today. Bit of a **** around from the get go and I've still a bit more to do.

Initially the thread on the engine mounts needed shortened, so took them to the work garage and set about them with the angle grinder.

Forgot to take after pictures, because I was stressed about how much of a **** job refitting them was, ended up moving the rack, separating the UJ and partially dropping the subframe. I have some before pics, so I'll take some more when it's all back together.

I also bought a super rare interior (for the UK anyway) from Germany which Bastien and hopefully myself are picking up next weekend. I'm really looking forward to having it in the car, I think it will look really great.
Old 29-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #595
E36 Ross
Unwashed Member

Super rare interior?
Interesting, Looking forward to pics!
E36 Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #596
Minuki
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Ross View Post
Super rare interior?
Interesting, Looking forward to pics!
Yeah. Picked it up at the weekend, well, my mate in Germany did and it looks sweet! Would like to get in the car before I post any pictures though.

Finished up on the engine raisers today. Proper faff with having to move the rack and subframe around, but they're in, so that's good. Nipped the fan off as well so I can take it into work and trim it down a few mm.

Some comparison images, to give you and idea of how much it lifts the engine.

The sump angles down slightly now at the back, so I am going to lift the gearbox a few mm as well. I've taken the mount off to be powdercoated and gearbox mounts are en route.

I also found a rear Aero bumper for the daily not far from where I stay. So I picked that up last night. It is new old stock, however unfortunately it has seen better days. The previous owner had just screwed it on, so it is very wavy in places and the exhaust opening needs some work. But my pal reckons he can sort it, so I'm putting all my faith in him haha.

Here is a picture I found in an extras brochure at Essen Motorshow at the weekend!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minuki For This Useful Post:
Cookies (06-12-2017), wrxmania (07-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #597
Minuki
PC Perfectionist

My Rennstall gearknob arrived the other day from Seattle, USA. I am properly stoked with it, I've wanted one of these forever and I finally pulled the trigger on their Black Friday deals. It will look really good against the new interior.

It snowed a lot today, so went out and minced about in the Touring. Got stuck a lot, but it was good fun!

The Following User Says Thank You to Minuki For This Useful Post:
wrxmania (16-12-2017)

Tags
bmw, e36, e36touring, stanceworks