Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 17-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #61
Disco Smudge
Washmitt Meister

Would you consider modifying the interior at all?
Disco Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Disco Smudge For This Useful Post:
Mikej857 (26-09-2017)
Old 17-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #62
saj1985
Sponge Jockey

looking good
saj1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saj1985 For This Useful Post:
Mikej857 (26-09-2017)
Old 26-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #63
Mikej857
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,040 Times in 670 Posts
Garage
Cars going back next week, since changing the turbo I've had this really loud induction sound like a jumbo jet taking off when you get on the loud pedal, I've asked if this is normal, initially they said it was and replacing the recirculation valve would calm this down as the standard item is prone to leaking and not holding boost as its made of plastic....forward to today and they told me they had a delivery of an enlarged turbo elbow that should have apparently come with the turbo and with this being the first car to have this particular turbo fitted they weren't aware till it arrived 2 weeks after the turbo so it needs fitting with this and the recirculation valve being replaced it'll cure the noise and we can wind up a bit more boost and it should hold it and make more power

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #64
Mikej857

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Smudge View Post
Would you consider modifying the interior at all?
I don't think it needs it if I'm honest, the seats are very comfortable and hold you in place nicely, I have added cruise control and powerfold mirrors which it didn't come with as standard and also added a few bits to the audio to enhance the sound quality but I won't be doing anything else

Old 05-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #65
Mikej857

Garage
Welllllll..... today was fun, initially I was going down to devil developments to have a gfb reciculation valve fitted along with the enlarged intake elbow and maybe a little map tweak as I have a pumaspeed x47r that is supposidley rated at 340-350bhp and that's what I want or should I say wanted buuuuuuttttt on arrival Ben said "Lee wouldn't order that valve he said there all ****"........I trust Lee and his skills thats why I keep going back, he could have ordered it charged me labour and parts and then said its **** but didn't

After a whole lot of grinding on the intake elbow to smooth out the welds and remove the excess on the inside and find bolts that actually fitted it correctly, the fabrication of it was shocking and had it been my company who made it I'd be embarrassed but Jamie got it fitted and after an initial run it made 283bhp which was a bit disappointing so a phone call to Kenny at MSD/Evolution had him casting his eye over the map again and tweaking it where needed, loaded onto the car and it ran 311bhp so only 3bhp extra but from just an intake pipe that's not bad but it's how it now drives on the road is night and day, before it felt quick but just didn't overwhelm me like I expected now put it in 1st to 3rd and it'll just instantly light up the tyres in the dry and my god you best be holding on when it does grip this thing is a ****ing missile, I literally came off a roundabout in 2nd changed up to 3rd and planted it and I was grabbing for opposite lock straight away its mental, the way it spools up is instant and relentless all the way to the redline, I've had 2 pretty quick focus's but this thing is on another level

It's going back in a couple of weeks for a turbosmart recirc and turbosmart actuator because what Ben and Jamie did find is that after initially doubting the car had enough fuel supply for the number the turbo could do its become apparent from running it today it does have it and we're going to see just how much it'll give

I'll be honest I was contemplating changing the map and adding a tubular manifold but after today the conclusion on the map is definitely a big no, I knew the decision to stick with Evolution was the correct one and Lee said he had one in recently with a tubular manifold and it added 5bhp and it spooled up later so that's a no as well, again money Lee could have taken but talked me out of by simply giving honest information on his experiences and knowledge

So big thanks again to Lee, Ben Jamie and Seamus the later spent most of the day abusing me as per usual

I honestly cannot wait for the next visit to see what it'll do but in the meantime I'll enjoy it how it is its a ****ing animal even with a mere 300bhp

Old 06-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #66
chrissymk3
Washmitt Meister

That must go like **** off a stick!
chrissymk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #67
Mikej857

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissymk3 View Post
That must go like **** off a stick!
It's bloody quick and I have habit of turning the esp off which makes it even more lively

Old 06-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #68
percymon
Orbital Oracle

That's going to be fun during autumn and winter !
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:06 PM   #69
Mikej857

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
That's going to be fun during autumn and winter !
The esp is pretty good on these and will stay on during the poorer weather and it's pretty sedate when driven sensibly

Old 18-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #70
Mikej857

Garage
Visited my favourite tuners devil developments this week again to have the uprated recirculation valve fitted and a new uprated actuator

We've done this as its what the manufacturer of the turbo recommends as the oe parts are prone to leaking and the recirculation valve is a weird affair in its controlled by a magnet and is either open or closed there's no partial opening so needed changing

We went with the turbosmart items and a plumb back recirculation valve which I thought would mean I wouldn't get the somewhat teenage tsssst noise oh how wrong was I

After fitting it was put back on the rollers to see what it had gained almost 8bhp which isn't a great deal but what it's also done is make the turbo spool a lot faster, earlier and harder and the noise well its addictive as you get the dump off the valve and then the chatter off the turbo

The car was evil before we did this and now its on another level of insanity, your pulling through gears like a mad man and you can easily reach license losing speeds in seconds

With the esp on it just cannot keep up with the rate of speed and I'm still getting wheel spin and the esp is the torque vectoring type so it should be a bit better than the earlier types but it can't handle the power now

With the esp off it lights up the tyres in the first 3 gears even with relatively new Yokohama prada 2's and in the wet as I've found its best not to turn it off as its insanity there is zero grip in anything below 4th gear if u go near any level of boost and it'll try and kill you

I've had quick cars the 2 focus's I had were both nia on 400bhp but they aren't a patch on this thing the way it comes on boost and what you can do with it is immense

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59e75f0d...185714_515.mp4