Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 09-10-2017, 12:56 AM   #31
fabiolous
Sponge Jockey

I searched for feedback and liked what I saw from DK twin pack - It is in the basket.

Now, what to use to protect the paint? Since In2Detailing doesn't have FK1000P...

I prefer durability instead of look for now.
fabiolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:03 AM   #32
Moet1974
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiolous View Post
I searched for feedback and liked what I saw from DK twin pack - It is in the basket.

Now, what to use to protect the paint? Since In2Detailing doesn't have FK1000P...

I prefer durability instead of look for now.
Tac System Moonlight bud.
Moet1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:51 AM   #33
fabiolous
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moet1974 View Post
Tac System Moonlight bud.
Been 20min watching Forensic Detailing Channel reviewing it. I liked it, but need something cheaper.

I have Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Paste Wax, perhaps going to use it and top it with some Sonax BSD. I'm spending more than I wanted, so I'm going to stick with the essential and maybe buy more products later.

Is there a pad that I can use to apply the wax with the das6? It would save me a lot of time.

About cloths what to use for:

Remove polish?

Remove bird drops?

Remove wax?

Glass cleaning?

The descriptions are so similar that I don't understand what's best for what.

I know that more gsm will have more absortion, but regarding to pile (short or longer), what's more adequate for each task?
Old 09-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #34
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,829 Posts
Garage
If you want cheap, durable and available from In2Detailing, you could look at Sonax PNS or their Xtreme NPT (which is apparently a consumer version of PNS - it cures a little bit more slowly).

You will use more wax applying by machine, and I'm not actually sure you'll save any time. That aside any finishing spot pad should do the trick eg this one.

For glass cleaning you want specific glass cloths really; however as Imran doesn't currently seem to carry any (based on that link) I would suggest these as an alternative. I would always try to remove bird droppings using touchless methods - ideally presoak it with something then blast it off with the pressure washer. If that fails, I tend to put a piece of kitchen tower over it and spray APC on that, leave it to soak for a while, then wash the affected panel. It's very rare that doesn't get it off.

Wax removal - depends on the wax, but the 470GSM cloths are a good all rounder for this. For removing polish I like something with a bit more bite (ie a shorter pile), these or these would be my pick from Imran's range.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
fabiolous (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #35
fabiolous
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
If you want cheap, durable and available from In2Detailing, you could look at Sonax PNS or their Xtreme NPT (which is apparently a consumer version of PNS - it cures a little bit more slowly).

You will use more wax applying by machine, and I'm not actually sure you'll save any time. That aside any finishing spot pad should do the trick eg this one.

For glass cleaning you want specific glass cloths really; however as Imran doesn't currently seem to carry any (based on that link) I would suggest these as an alternative. I would always try to remove bird droppings using touchless methods - ideally presoak it with something then blast it off with the pressure washer. If that fails, I tend to put a piece of kitchen tower over it and spray APC on that, leave it to soak for a while, then wash the affected panel. It's very rare that doesn't get it off.

Wax removal - depends on the wax, but the 470GSM cloths are a good all rounder for this. For removing polish I like something with a bit more bite (ie a shorter pile), these or these would be my pick from Imran's range.
Thank you very much steelghost!

How many cloths for wax and polish? I was thinking maybe 3 for each (Is it enough for the whole car?).
Old 09-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #36
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,829 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiolous View Post
Thank you very much steelghost!

How many cloths for wax and polish? I was thinking maybe 3 for each (Is it enough for the whole car?).
There's a lot of "it depends" (on the size of car, product(s) in question, etc etc) but you probably want to go for five of each to start. Sounds too much but I promise it's not.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #37
das6dan
Sponge Jockey

Is there no stockist at all in the US??
das6dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choose bmw products