Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
Shorthand
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 100
Thanks: 19
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Koch Chemie

Hi guys,

I'm thinking to buy new product to try as I want to try new thing.

i'm going to us Koch Chemie.

I've used chemical guys V range but what are Koch Chemie range, chemical guys are V36+ how do I know what product to use with my chemical pads (orange,green,white,black)

thanks all (sorry quick e-mail running late)
Shorthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
Sam6er
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: England
Posts: 542
Thanks: 297
Thanked 202 Times in 161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorthand View Post
Hi guys,

I'm thinking to buy new product to try as I want to try new thing.

i'm going to us Koch Chemie.

I've used chemical guys V range but what are Koch Chemie range, chemical guys are V36+ how do I know what product to use with my chemical pads (orange,green,white,black)

thanks all (sorry quick e-mail running late)
You can use any of the range with any pad you want to get the desired cut. Your not bound to 1 polish shoud work with a certain pad only. It depends on how much cut is required to get the paint to the point you want. Koch Chemie range seem quite good. I have only used P2.02 out of their polish range and that is a light cut whilst also layering down some protection which it did a good job of.
Sam6er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam6er For This Useful Post:
Fentum (18-09-2017)
Old 18-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
Fentum
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 376
Thanks: 259
Thanked 253 Times in 199 Posts
The KC pads are coded for use - black for polishing etc. And they all work well as said above with the range of KC products. I use the compounds, polishes and waxes fairly extensively and I find them predictable, reliable and relatively easy to work.

Their other cleaning products work well too.

If I had a one-stop brand it would be KC but YMMV.

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fentum For This Useful Post:
Moet1974 (18-09-2017)
Old 18-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
Moet1974
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Steel City
Posts: 656
Thanks: 231
Thanked 331 Times in 241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentum View Post
The KC pads are coded for use - black for polishing etc. And they all work well as said above with the range of KC products. I use the compounds, polishes and waxes fairly extensively and I find them predictable, reliable and relatively easy to work.

Their other cleaning products work well too.

If I had a one-stop brand it would be KC but YMMV.

Peter
K8 maybe comparable to Menz FG400 or Scholl S3 as it's predominantly a fast cut compound but boy can it finish quite well. Especially on harder paints. F5 I would compare to Menz IP2200 or Rupes Quartz. It's sort of redundant on harder paints as H8 finishes so well but on medium to softer paints F5 works well. One downside is availability in only 1l sizes. M2 is the finishing polish but I'm not sure it is. Compared to a Menz 3800 or even Rupes Keramik I don't think it brings a lot to the party. Yes it's capable of removing haze and holograms but does it add the final wow? Not really. The finest stage are the P line or lack polishes. Here is where KC missed a trick. They really do add some extra gloss but where does it come from? They all have an added layer of polymer protection that certainly add gloss. Is that from the paint being jewelled probably not. The pads are pretty good. I've personally found no need for the black one. The white is the hardest followed by yellow. The orange anti-hologram pad comes in two versions both plain and waffle. Both yellow and orange are very versatile pads. They also do a couple of wool versions. The rest of the range is 100% worth a try. Greenstar has its fans on here and rightly so. FSE is great and value for money. Some of the other 'star' range are well worth a look. The main thing that's let KC down in the last three years is inconsistent supply to consumers hopefully now Slim's is the main distributor things may change for the better. Hope this helps bud!

Last edited by Moet1974; 18-09-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Moet1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moet1974 For This Useful Post:
Fentum (18-09-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #5
Joel79
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 69
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I have used manu many polishes and Koch Chemie range is my favourite. H8 is one of the best if not the best compound out there.

Btw does anyody know does H8 contain both smat and dat abrasives?
Joel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
Fentum
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 376
Thanks: 259
Thanked 253 Times in 199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
I have used manu many polishes and Koch Chemie range is my favourite. H8 is one of the best if not the best compound out there.

Btw does anyody know does H8 contain both smat and dat abrasives?
Data sheets at http://www.koch-chemie.de/kcuProdukt...ut_H802_en.pdf

https://sichdatonline.chemical-check...99_0005_EN.pdf

HTH

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #7
Joel79
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 69
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I've read that but it doesnt mention whether its smat, dat or combination of both types of abrasives.
Joel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #8
chongo
"Professor"
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 6,973
Thanks: 5,311
Thanked 4,231 Times in 2,542 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
I've read that but it doesnt mention whether its smat, dat or combination of both types of abrasives.
I used M2 the other day on a medium/soft swirly black car with a Rupes yellow pad and it removed all of them but still left a faint polishing haze.

I would say they are definitely DAT but I could be wrong either way H8 & M2 are a great combo
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:30 PM   #9
Moet1974
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Steel City
Posts: 656
Thanks: 231
Thanked 331 Times in 241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
I've read that but it doesnt mention whether its smat, dat or combination of both types of abrasives.
You won't find it in the MSDS. Both DAT and SMAT polishes both use Aluminium Oxide crystals. The difference is in DAT they are engineered to fracture and reduce in size and thus abrasiveness. I'd say both H8 and M2 are DAT polish bud.
Moet1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moet1974 For This Useful Post:
chongo (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #10
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer
 
Hereisphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gainsborough
Posts: 2,581
Thanks: 856
Thanked 1,597 Times in 994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
I used M2 the other day on a medium/soft swirly black car with a Rupes yellow pad and it removed all of them but still left a faint polishing haze.

I would say they are definitely DAT but I could be wrong either way H8 & M2 are a great combo

Is M2 not that good then? Was planing on getting it with H8

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors