Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > DW TV > Wash & Clay (TV)
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
1Valet PRO
Sponsor

Contamination Removal Bars

Old 11-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #2
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Valet PRO View Post
Ive got a 12 year old car recently acquired, moderate level of contamination should I go straight to the Blue or maybe try yellow first also will the blue pick up smaller particles or will I have to go over with the orange if I do use the Blue.

Thanks
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
1Valet PRO
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Ive got a 12 year old car recently acquired, moderate level of contamination should I go straight to the Blue or maybe try yellow first also will the blue pick up smaller particles or will I have to go over with the orange if I do use the Blue.

Thanks

Hello Rian

I would suggest working with the Yellow bar. Yellow is a good all rounder. Blue bar will pick up more contamination quicker but will require light polishing after use. This is due to the blue bar being able to cause light marring if used incorrectly.

Yellow Bar is great and will remove all contamination from the paint surface. If you need quicker pick up use just water as a lube. If you do not need speed use Citrus Bling as a lube. Once claying its worth finishing with a light finessing Polish like Purple Passion. This gives your wax a the best based and helps improve the final finish.

Orange Bar - this bar is for regular use and will help you remove light contamination as part of a maintenance routine. Its not powerful and its soft so well boned contamination will not be removed by this bar. This is why we sell it as a maintenance clay bar.

I hope this make more sense and helps you understand the bars and the purpose behind them better. If not ask me some more questions.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Valet PRO View Post
Hello Rian

I would suggest working with the Yellow bar. Yellow is a good all rounder. Blue bar will pick up more contamination quicker but will require light polishing after use. This is due to the blue bar being able to cause light marring if used incorrectly.

Yellow Bar is great and will remove all contamination from the paint surface. If you need quicker pick up use just water as a lube. If you do not need speed use Citrus Bling as a lube. Once claying its worth finishing with a light finessing Polish like Purple Passion. This gives your wax a the best based and helps improve the final finish.

Orange Bar - this bar is for regular use and will help you remove light contamination as part of a maintenance routine. Its not powerful and its soft so well boned contamination will not be removed by this bar. This is why we sell it as a maintenance clay bar.

I hope this make more sense and helps you understand the bars and the purpose behind them better. If not ask me some more questions.
Makes perfect sense, to be honest the car requires a polish anyway but its always a plus not inducing any more marring
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #5
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,937 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Makes perfect sense, to be honest the car requires a polish anyway but its always a plus not inducing any more marring
Well if the car needs polishing then your better off using a more aggressive bar so it can fully remove the contamination just use plenty of lube.
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote