Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Studio
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Studio The place the Detailing World Supporters display their work for viewing : This is a subscription section you will need to go to your userCP (top left of the page) and select Paid Subscriptions for more information.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Prism Detailing
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Prism Detailing
56k Icon Prism Detailing - Audi TT TFSI - Eco Friendly Wash + Swissvax Correction Detail

With local authorities starting to impose stricter regulation regard water waste managment, I have been looking into alternative methods of cleaning cars. The rules are not about the products being use as such, but the "run off" and how this is captured. Looking at different ideas how to stay within these guidelines, I have been looking at "Eco Friendly" washing products. I had previously tried using Dodo Juice Time to Dry as the waterless wash and this product worked well, but with the size of the bottles you get, I needed something in bulk.....So I opted for Chemical Guys Ecosmart RU in conjunction with using it with a steam cleaner (Nimbus). I had looked at a big diesel powered steamer, but in reality, I wash 1 car per day, there is no need for it something soo big.

So the detail today, I was invited to work in the indoor parking area of a funeral directors, there was no outdoor parking but was given the option to use the indoor hose, knowing how much water I would use, the potentially soak the area which i was intending on working, I suggested to the owner about the waterless wash. He seem intregued and allowed me to continue....

How the cars looked when i turned up:

So I initially blasted the panel with the steamer, then misted the Chemical Guys EcoSmart RU over the panel, left for 20-30 seconds then using the steam close to the panel with a microfiber trailing, I cleaned the panel, in straight lines from the top to the bottom...This method does mean you do through a lot of microfibres..:

This method extended to the glass, alloys, arches, door shuts and Engine bay (pics taken after steam cleaned, sorry no before, but it was really dirty, ill try and get the owner on here to confirm lol):

The car did not need clayed, Im sure the TFR used by the guys who wash his car every weekend must have helped, but the car was covered in tar spots. So I used Autosmart tardis, misting it onto the panel to ensure no run off, and again used the steamer to pass with a mibrofibre trailing, this worked very well....

at this stage was ready to correct the car......talking about the guys who washes it before, lets see the damage they had been imflicting, remember this car is only 3 months old:

The correction involved using Rotary, Dodo Juice Merano Wool Pad, CG Hex Orange/Green/White/Black pads and Menzerna Compounds. Some before and after pics of the correction carried out:

50/50 on the rear lights:

Corrected pics:

Swissvax Cleaner Fluid (regular) was applied via DA and a black Hex pad thenSwissvax Shield was applied (in total two coats, applied an hour after each other):

Whilst the wax was curing the glass was cleaned using Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol window cleaner, the trim was treated with Swissvax Nano Express, the alloys were treasted with Zaino Z2 then Swissvax Autobahn, the Tyres with Swissvaxn Pneu and the exhaust treated with Swissvax Metal Polish with fine grade steel wool. The interior was steam cleaned and the plastics treated with Swissvax Quick Interior Finish, the Engine bay was treated with Swissvax Shield on the painted surfaces and Nano Express on plastics.....The end results:

the owner was very happy with the results

Thanks for viewing

Robert Turner
Prism Detailing
Prism Detailing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prism Detailing For This Useful Post:
barrym-usa (12-04-2011), kxlylmz (12-04-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
tonyy
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,539 Times in 4,479 Posts
Garage
Looks very nice..
tonyy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyy For This Useful Post:
Prism Detailing (11-04-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
amiller

Thanked 1,667 Times in 1,178 Posts
Firsty, can I just say how much your photography skills have improved- very impressive!

Secondly, very interesting regarding the Eco Wash. It definitely sounds like the way forward in the eternal struggle against Gov. Regs. Did it take much longer? Anything you have noticed that makes the steamer BETTER than normal wash methods?

How much of the CG product do you use per wash? I know it comes pre-diluted so it could be quite expesive at £30odd for a gallon.
amiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
nickmak
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Nice work there!

How does CG EcoSmart compare to something like ONR?
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
Prism Detailing

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiller View Post
Firsty, can I just say how much your photography skills have improved- very impressive!

Secondly, very interesting regarding the Eco Wash. It definitely sounds like the way forward in the eternal struggle against Gov. Regs. Did it take much longer? Anything you have noticed that makes the steamer BETTER than normal wash methods?

How much of the CG product do you use per wash? I know it comes pre-diluted so it could be quite expesive at £30odd for a gallon.
I'll start by saying thanks Erm.....out of a 950ml spray bottle you could do up to 6 cars, obviously this is depending on the amount of dirt etc on the car...The steamer I prefer, I personally think its quicker to do a car, I tested it against a neighbour before, she washed her Honda Civic Type R and I was cleaning my BMW touring, I had already cleaned the outside and onto the interior by the time she was drying....because, there is no need to dry the car using steam. Also you can blast into the nooks and crannies...The only concern is the arches which are lined, and im trying to figure them out, also certain alloys are near impossible to do in the inside, unless you take the wheel off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmak View Post
Nice work there!

How does CG EcoSmart compare to something like ONR?
I have not tried ONR, reason being as this would still produce "run off" (in the recommended way to use it), but I am considering trying it in the same method I used with the EcoSmart....
The Following User Says Thank You to Prism Detailing For This Useful Post:
amiller (11-04-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
matt_83

Garage
Cracking work Robert
matt_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matt_83 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Prism Detailing

Garage
Thanks guys, I know the eco friendly part there is a lot of skeptics out there, but this is something that people WILL need to think about for the future, with government regulation its only going to get worse......That does not mean ill stop using my PW altogether, just progressively changing over as i develop the skill my further....
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
RandomlySet
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,794 Times in 2,050 Posts
Garage
top work
RandomlySet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RandomlySet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
Bond
Washmitt Meister

That looks like a really good result from steam alone. Are you going to be producing a video of the steamer in action? Can you also let us know the model number you are using?
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bond For This Useful Post:
Prism Detailing (12-04-2011)
Old 12-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
Prism Detailing

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
That looks like a really good result from steam alone. Are you going to be producing a video of the steamer in action? Can you also let us know the model number you are using?
It's not steam alone, there is the use of Chemical Guys EcoSmart RU which is a waterless wash system...a video, maybe when I get someone to record me, I'm not like the rest of the guys with fancy HD cameras I only use my iPhone also the method require the use of both hands so when I get someone to help then I'll do it, there are many videos online demonstrating this technique.

Tags
audi tt, eco friendly wash, prism detailing, swissvax, uk detailing detailer