Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Motoring Zone Just bought a car? Need advice on a car? Want to chat about cars generally? Here is the place to do it.

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2018, 11:09 PM   #71
cheekymonkey
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca666 View Post
Reading the initial post he makes reference to doing 35 in a 20 which is where he is talking about the 75%. The second paragraph is obviously just a typo when he mentions 35 in a 30.

I agree they are both over the speed limit however given that 70 will be on the motorway and 20 (or even 30 taking into account the typo) will be in a built up area i'd have to agree that there is an increased risk so they are not equal.

Not sure how anyone can say doing 5 mile over the speed limit on a motorway is just as dangerous as doing 15 over the limit in a built up area
I never stated the 5mph on the motorway was as bad, just that they are both over the speed limit and if he knew how much further it takes to stop doing an extra 5mph
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheekymonkey For This Useful Post:
Darlofan (17-06-2018), macca666 (17-06-2018)
Old 17-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #72
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,836 Times in 1,119 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
I never stated the 5mph on the motorway was as bad, just that they are both over the speed limit and if he knew how much further it takes to stop doing an extra 5mph
Ok I took it differently then as you said both were equal which I've read to be both the same and one is as bad as the other
The Following User Says Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
cheekymonkey (17-06-2018)
Old 18-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #73
FJ1000
Washmitt Meister

In my opinion, it’s not as black and white as speed cameras are for safety or for money making. It’s a bit of both.

A colleague at work was caught by a camera van, as he was speeding up coming out of a village in Kent into the NSL zone. He’d accelerated up above 30 before the 60 zone started...and I think I’d probably have done the same and got caught! That seems money making to me.

Perhaps it was an accident blackspot though - can’t be sure.

I’m guilty of liking a bit of speed, but I’ll only do it outside of built up areas, when visibility is good (want to be able to stop by the point on the road that your visibility ends) and there are no hazards.

I get the majority of my driving kicks out on the track though! Once you start doing trackdays, you’re far less tempted to speed on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #74
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,539 Times in 4,169 Posts
Quote:
with you know some police you will also know that every traffic officer has to give out at least 1 traffic offence ticket every shift, thats money makeing. I never said that the money goes to the police.

mine wasnt a fender bender as you called it, the drunk hit my car on the front left. that is not a fender bender. the car needed new wing, bumper, bonnet, total new n/s/f suspension.new intercooler and new wheel and tyre. he hit the car so hard that the front ally was broke into 4 parts. I had just got out the car 2 minutes before. he also just missed a couple of guys coming the other way.

If you as you state know the police respond very quickly to drunk drivers, you can explain why after reporting it, then with in a hour of the accident i found where the guy lived and that his car which was damaged was at his address and passed this info onto the police, they failed to attend his address.
The police allowed a drunk driver to get away with an offence which imo is way worse than speeding.
What a twist of words. You specifically said if "they can make money" now on realising you're wrong you make a daft excuse.

Quote:
police only intrested if they can make money, such as a speeding ticket.
Taking £100 per day isn't money making. That wouldn't even cover one officer's salary for a shift let alone all the additional costs and expenses.

I wasn't aware every traffic police officer had to give out one ticket per shift. If a traffic officer is only giving out one ticket per shift clearly aren't doing their job very well. I don't think I've ever done a day's driving where I haven't seen countless offences that should be punished. I would have a field day as a traffic cop.

Reading your posts so far it comes across as if you have a strong dislike for the police. A bit like the dog threads where you become aggressive and overpower people in a way that gets people's backs up.

Do you have a criminal record?

Are you aggressive and ramble a lot at the police when you have to deal with them?

Is it maybe the case they don't want to deal with you for a certain reason i.e failing the attitude test and difficult to deal with?

I'm still surprised they never responded to a drink driver. I can't explain why they haven't as I wasn't there. If that drunk driver did something bad the police would be ripped to bits for not responding.
Old 18-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #75
muzzer

Thanked 4,471 Times in 2,862 Posts
Garage
Keep on topic please
Old 18-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #76
cheekymonkey
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
What a twist of words. You specifically said if "they can make money" now on realising you're wrong you make a daft excuse.

Taking £100 per day isn't money making. That wouldn't even cover one officer's salary for a shift let alone all the additional costs and expenses.

I wasn't aware every traffic police officer had to give out one ticket per shift. If a traffic officer is only giving out one ticket per shift clearly aren't doing their job very well. I don't think I've ever done a day's driving where I haven't seen countless offences that should be punished. I would have a field day as a traffic cop.

Reading your posts so far it comes across as if you have a strong dislike for the police. A bit like the dog threads where you become aggressive and overpower people in a way that gets people's backs up.

Do you have a criminal record?

Are you aggressive and ramble a lot at the police when you have to deal with them?

Is it maybe the case they don't want to deal with you for a certain reason i.e failing the attitude test and difficult to deal with?

I'm still surprised they never responded to a drink driver. I can't explain why they haven't as I wasn't there. If that drunk driver did something bad the police would be ripped to bits for not responding.

you know what you have a dig at me and my attitude, yet your just as bad mate, you twisting what i have said to suit yourself. you go on about me being aggressive and hard to deal with and how i may of failed the attitude test, really you telling me if your a victim of a crime, you have to pass an attitude test before the police will visit. total rubbish just like your view on rape. then you state about the police should be ripped to bits for not responding, make up your mind
As for my criminal record, although its none of your business, i dont have a criminal record.
this is my last reply to you on this subject.
Old 18-06-2018, 08:52 PM   #77
kingswood
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzer View Post
Keep on topic please
What was the question again?!
The Following User Says Thank You to kingswood For This Useful Post:
RandomlySet (18-06-2018)
Old 18-06-2018, 09:41 PM   #78
Mikesphotaes
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingswood View Post
What was the question again?!
Just a mere three pages on how to lift your right foot!
Closed Thread