Detailing World Forum banner

New with question/issue!

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Christian6984 
#1 ·
Hi
I've always hand polished my cars but currently my car has gotten swirls in there that hand polishing just won't fully sort, I acquired a moss car polisher and have set to practice on my girlfriends car as it's worth about £200!
Now, is it normal - that after 10 mins use its red hot, and also are they supposed to be really hard to control, I feel like I'm fighting it to keep it in position, my arms are aching already!
Is this normal?
Thanks
Andy

#5 ·
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Acti...855093?hash=item56857e9db5:g:SDwAAOSwHMJYCmWv
this is the basic machine that we use to remove swirls and polish cars with different compounds and pads.
what you have is fine for putting a polish on and buffing off.
if you are having problems holding it ,then could be to much pressure , does it have speed control. Is the pad getting to hot and gripping the paint work?are you keeping it level and flat to the panel? there could other problems causing this , have a look at the junkmans vids on you tube. it might answer your questions

#6 ·
A basic machine eg DAS6 has just under ten times the power as the Moss machine so you may well be asking too much from it. The very popular DAS-Pro has 850w and so has about 15 times the power of the Moss.

I suspect going back to hand polishing or getting a more appropriate polisher are probably better options

#13 ·
I remember using a sealey rotary on a cousins corsa when i was between machines, they had it to hand and beat doing it by hand. Was just a case of improving the finish a bit before it went up for sale. It was a handful at first and it weighed a ton. My arms where aching at the end of the day. Dont think ill buy a rotary as my Flex 3401 is great but if i did i would look for something a lot lighter.

Maccy44 - Have a read of the guide on the first page, and start of slow speed, no heavy cutting, i found the bonnet was a good place to start being mostly flat and horizontal. dont hang around near edges or creases. When you say its getting hot, do you mean the machine or the panel on the car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.