Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 12-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
pxr5
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Vomit Smell

Hi all.

Just before Christmas my son threw up in his girlfriends car after a night on pop. They tried to clean it as best they could but there is still a strong smell of sick in the car. Even with an air freshener it now just smells of strawberry sick. I've offered to have a look and it turns out now to be tomorrow morning.

They say that there is no visible evidence of the vomit, so I'm not really sure what to do. He did it over the inside of the passenger door, suffice to say it went all around that area.

I haven't got time to hit the shops before she brings it around tomorrow morning. I do have AG Interior Cleaner, Stardrops and Flash with Fabreeze. My plan is to basically go all over with a moderately strong APC mix with a stiff brush, sponge and cloth. Any other tips? I've read that bicarbonate of soda may help and I have plenty of that, but not sure how to use on the inside of a car.

Thanks.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #2
Streeto

This works well in these situations

Then if it’s all’ still too much top with these for instant odour removal

This is one of my worse nightmares in a car...I’ve always said, if your going to sick, be sick out the window, that jet washes right off. The interior that really doesn’t.

My girlfriend sicked in her favourite handbag once in the car when she felt a little queasy as we were in traffic. A new handbag later but still cheaper than a new interior.

Short term, something strong cleaner wise...
Long term valet pro does a nice Oder eating cleaner, or failing that Oder bomb it.

Last edited by Streeto; 12-01-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Streeto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Streeto For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 06:53 PM   #3
andy665

Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,951 Posts
If give Valetpro Enzyme Eater a whirl - it does not mask the smell, it attacks the enzymes creating the smell.
andy665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andy665 For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
Caledoniandream

If possible take the door card off, and get the seat out, lift the carpet if you can (take the door strip off) lift the carpet and check underneath it.
Donít use febreze, it s horrible greasy stuff.
If proper clean you will see the smell stays away, donít mask it, it makes it worse.
Supermarket or pet shops sell some cleaners for animal ďaccidents ď and they are enzyme based, works well.

Leave bicarbonate soda in a dish (plastic container or so) and it will absorb the smell ( but cleanliness is the answer to remove the smell)
Caledoniandream is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caledoniandream For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #5
JayMac

My young son had a bug a few weeks ago, threw up over our carpet in living room multiple times, the place stank of vomit, after cleaning it I used KochChemie Fresh Up over the coarse of a few days and it did the trick, itís an odour eliminator and did work after multiple applications!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JayMac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JayMac For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #6
Gixxer6

You need a product that can kill living enzymes, there are a few products available such as Autosmart Brisk but since you need a product tomorrow, your local ASDA should stock Rug Doctor products. On the 1001 website they recommend the Spot Troubleshooter spot or Ultra product: https://1001carpetcare.co.uk/index.php/vomit
available from Sainbsury's, Wilkinsons etc: https://1001carpetcare.co.uk/index.p...eshooter-ultra

For urine and excrement they recommend the pet stain remover product, available from B&Q and Savers: https://1001carpetcare.co.uk/index.p...-stain-remover

Good luck!

Last edited by Gixxer6; 12-01-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Gixxer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxer6 For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
Gixxer6

Another one to add to the list, works well according to a family member that has toddlers: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/AllProduct...pray%2520500ml
Gixxer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxer6 For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #8
kingswood
Orbital Oracle

Iíve been to eleven-e-rife for my holidays.......this is what the dogs did to mine

And yes that is sh*t that sheíd eaten in the park and then throw up down the side of my car

Was in the same predicament as you. I tried the air fresher, like you said rubbish, did the apc and stuff brush and didnít do much. Lifted seats up etc but still smelt.

Went with vanish foam that you spray on, rub in with a brush then leave to dry and hoover up. Worked quite well and made 90% of the smell go.

Unfortunately itís just so cold it takes a while to dry. I got the wifeís hairdryer on it.

Come spring/summer Iím goin to blitz it again and should be ok. On a plus nite even radiative isotopes have a half life so the smell wonít last forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kingswood For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #9
Stuarth
Unwashed Member

Garage
Bicarb

Bicarbonate of soda for any carpets & fabrics works well. Liberally sprinkle on, work into the fabric/carpet, leave for a couple of hours, overnight would be preferable & then vacuum off. I've no idea of the chemistry behind it but it really works.
Stuarth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stuarth For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 09:38 PM   #10
pxr5

Garage
Cheers guys. I haven't time to buy anything, but I do have some vanish carpet mousse. I'll try that and then do the bi-carb trick, though I might make a paste out of it to wipe down as well (vomit is acidic, so I suppose it makes sense to use an alkali).
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote