Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 09-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #11
Sam534
Washmitt Meister

Hand wash for me, give em a spin in the dryer together but keep out towels/mitts used on wheels

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
Sam534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam534 For This Useful Post:
Demetri (10-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #12
TonyHill
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawallace View Post
I do three loads

Mitts and drying towel
Wheel and sill cloths
Other cloths.

If I clean the glass cloths I do a fourth load!
My regime aswell, but I prewash first.....a little ocd, but my cloths/mitts are always kept immaculate
TonyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyHill For This Useful Post:
Demetri (10-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #13
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Best Detergent

If your looking for the best detergent then boots sensative liquid is perfume free and phosphate free and clean better than any MF specific detergent I have tried well worth the money

http://www.boots.com/boots-sensitive...litre-10095130
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
Big Bri (09-01-2018), Demetri (10-01-2018), Mikesphotaes (11-01-2018), mirdif64 (22-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #14
Big Bri
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
If your looking for the best detergent then boots sensative liquid is perfume free and phosphate free and clean better than any MF specific detergent I have tried well worth the money

This is long winded,BUT.
Thanks for posting this pal.I skim read your post and went to BOOTHS yesterday and another two today.Obviously they dont sell it.I gave up three stores in and several Nice Lady in each store that must have thought i was slightly Mad[or on the tap].Came home today from the Doctors and not one to give up.I couldn't find the thread to check i may have missed something when i read it. Couldn't find the Dam Thread.
MMMMMmmm i thought,get my prescription and maybe,just maybe,it could have been Boots.Went in to Town and gave in my Prescription and asked quite shee****ly,,,,DO U DO...Blah,Blah,Blah.My description wasn't bad btw.
No Sir,Boots dont do household wash.Only a Travel Wash.
Sat dejected waiting for my Pizza.I had almost given up the hunt,until i found the thread.Used the store search option of Boots and low and behold.
Its instock 400yards away from my Apartment.
YIP,Next door but one to the Pizza Place.

Its true.

BB
Big Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Bri For This Useful Post:
Demetri (10-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 08:52 AM   #15
Radish293

Garage
Quote:

Excellent advice. Thanks. Bought some and did the wash yesterday. Towels feel cleaner, evidently have static cling and better absorbency.
Radish293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #16
Big Bri
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish293 View Post
Excellent advice. Thanks. Bought some and did the wash yesterday. Towels feel cleaner, evidently have static cling and better absorbency.
Have to agree 100%.Does a great job.Thanked and thanks again for posting

BB
Old 11-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #17
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Glad to help

It delights me to see that some of you have tried the boots detergent and found it to work, its one of the hidden gems that gets overlooked so much
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
Demetri (11-01-2018), Radish293 (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #18
Brian1612

Thanked 3,067 Times in 2,019 Posts
Quote:

Does it have any fabric softeners in it? Can't see anything about it in the description or additional info on the website.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:41 PM   #19
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Nothing added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Does it have any fabric softeners in it? Can't see anything about it in the description or additional info on the website.
No fabric softeners, optical brighteners or perfumes its just pure detergent that is great at cleaning and super gentle.

They sell a separate conditioner in this range so its safe to say no fabric softeners in the detergent, also nothing listed in the indigence relates to any fabric softeners composition I have ever seen
The Following User Says Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (12-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #20
Big Bri
PC Perfectionist

I have just washed 6 Older Microfibers that are a variety of GSM,Coulor,and qualityl,my best worst ones if you like. 2 drying towels also that i bought when Adam was a lad,Yellow ones,,,,,,,,,yellow ish these days.I use these on my wheels when i dry them and skirts.These drying towels and microfibers are not filthy,but after a snow,wash,and rinse.I use them to dry the cars parts nearest to high contamination areas.I look after them,but They are one step from being used as engine bay fodder or oil spill kit almost,good rags.
Just washed them on a 60 degree wash,1200 spin for an hour.Two and a half caps of the Boots detergent.Thought a test on these would be a good idea.
Results are just As Rian said,as good as anything i have used if not better.Came out looking great.
I cant find anything about softners and i also noticed they do a seperate softner in the range to add to wash.
SAYS
Phosfate free,perfume and enzyne free,suitable for babies laundry,sensative skin,dry skin,Eczema.
Very Happy with results on the stuff i have washed.May even promote some to Interior they look so much better.

BB,Cheers again Rian for posting.