Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 13-01-2018, 06:31 AM   #11
GSVHammer
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
Hi all.

Just before Christmas my son threw up in his girlfriends car after a night on pop. They tried to clean it as best they could but there is still a strong smell of sick in the car. Even with an air freshener it now just smells of strawberry sick. I've offered to have a look and it turns out now to be tomorrow morning.

They say that there is no visible evidence of the vomit, so I'm not really sure what to do. He did it over the inside of the passenger door, suffice to say it went all around that area.

I haven't got time to hit the shops before she brings it around tomorrow morning. I do have AG Interior Cleaner, Stardrops and Flash with Fabreeze. My plan is to basically go all over with a moderately strong APC mix with a stiff brush, sponge and cloth. Any other tips? I've read that bicarbonate of soda may help and I have plenty of that, but not sure how to use on the inside of a car.

Thanks.
Just had a flashback to post 8 in this thread

Been there, bought the T shirt. Good Luck pxr5
GSVHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GSVHammer For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (13-01-2018)
Old 14-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #12
pxr5
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Well I gave it my best shot. She told me there was no sick on the carpet, so that's one thing at least. No, it all went over the passenger door. I cleaned it as best I could with a bicarb solution, using various cloths and a small detailing brush to get in all the nooks and crannies. I then gave it a good going over with vanish, then Flash APC with fabreze. It's a lot better, but still a faint odour remains. The only answer is to take the door card off and get in behind - I imagine some has got into fairly inaccessible places. Oh well, I managed to do the rest of the car at least and I'll give it another go another time. But boy it was cold yesterday; and I managed to do my son's car afterwards too.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #13
DanielRM
Sponge Jockey

Garage
After cleaning the spot with the best detailing products try this:
Either Ona Spray to apply on the area or Ona Gel open inside the car overnight.
DanielRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #14
vtrjames
Unwashed Member

A few years ago when my wife was sick in the car I used Autoglym Active Stain Remover (this https://www.amazon.co.uk/AutoGlym-Co.../dp/B001MPUFF2) along with Autoglym Odour Eliminator. I'm not sure if you can get active stain remover anymore but if you can I found it worked very well and there was no sick smell afterwards.

James
vtrjames is offline   Reply With Quote