Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-09-2018, 02:28 PM   #31
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister

Garage
The canvas bag is a big selling point haha

The flex wasnt supplied with one though.
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #32
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskypicker View Post
The canvas bag is a big selling point haha

The flex wasnt supplied with one though.
Canvas bag may come in handy, but if they're all like the bag supplied with the Halfords DA Polisher, which online images suggest, they're cheap n flimsy.

I dont like the large D type handles of the DAS 6 and Halfords Polishers either.

Last edited by Demented; 13-09-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:24 PM   #33
Locoblade
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
If anyone is interested; I ordered pads on Sunday and received them within two days (Tuesday morning).

https://www.m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-...375?nav=SEARCH
How did you find these pads? I bought an identical looking Chinese set of 5 off Ebay (although not from the same seller) which arrived today. The listing gave the usual Yellow - heavy cutting through Orange - White - Blue and finally Black for finishing, but having received them the foam density of each pad doesn't seem to correlate with what I'd expect given the colour coding. In terms of density the yellow feels if anything the lowest density / easiest to compress of all 5 pads, then orange and white are much higher density, then blue and black go down to similar density as the yellow. I know cell structure will also make a difference but I was expecting a consistent change in density going from dense cutting pad to soft finishing pad, is that not the case?
Locoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #34
Alfie7777
Unwashed Member

I was told by a prof detailer recently that there isn’t a set colour scheme used by the various manufacturers
In the production off pads they all seem to differ

Last edited by Alfie7777; 04-10-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Alfie7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:32 AM   #35
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Yeah, there's no industry standard of colour coding but you"d at least expect each Chinese manufacturer to ensure the foam density and cut correlate with their own colour chart and key; this is also mentioned within the Forensic Detailing review.

When I ordered the pads, I had every intention of using them within days of receipt; providing a review and only posting eBay feedback once the pads have been used but I've somehow injured my back and I'm struggling to move, never mind bend to polish the car.

I have little experience of machine polishing, so don't know what to expect of the pads; I must admit, on receipt, they all felt the same and I was beginning to wonder whether there was actually any difference other than the pretty colours.

Locoblade...... Since your post, I've felt the density of the pads and just as you say (if the density is anything to go by), the pads don't correlate with the sellers/manufacturers colour chart either.

The pads I bought are as follows:

White = Very Hard

Orange = Hard/Slightly Softer than White

Yellow = Hard/Much Softer than Orange Pad

Black = Soft /Very Noticeable softness compared to Yellow Pad

Blue = Very Soft/Softest Pad

Sellers/Manufactures Colour/Cut Key:

Last edited by Demented; 10-10-2018 at 06:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demented For This Useful Post:
Citromark (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #36
Locoblade
Unwashed Member

Quote:

Locoblade...... Since your post, I've felt the density of the pads and just as you say (if the density is anything to go by), the pads don't correlate with the sellers/manufacturers colour chart either.

The pads I bought are as follows:

White = Very Hard

Orange = Hard/Slightly Softer than White

Yellow = Hard/Much Softer than Orange Pad

Black = Soft /Very Noticeable softness compared to Yellow Pad

Blue = Very Soft/Softest Pad
Sounds similar although my yellow pad is the softest of the lot. Have a look at this not entirely scientific test I just did, you can see the yellow one compresses first, followed by black then blue, with the white and orange being far harder to compress. Hmmm

https://youtu.be/Y2NExDRRqhM
Locoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #37
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locoblade View Post
Sounds similar although my yellow pad is the softest of the lot. Have a look at this not entirely scientific test I just did, you can see the yellow one compresses first, followed by black then blue, with the white and orange being far harder to compress. Hmmm

https://youtu.be/Y2NExDRRqhM

Hey, I'll try that myself; it looks a better method of comparing the density; I just squashed each pad with my hand against the table top.

Last edited by Demented; 05-10-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:54 AM   #38
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Who knows of a UK supplier of Chinese DA polishing pads ?

As this thread has attracted over 4500 views; I've posted a copy of my entire first post below:

This thread was originally entitled "Who knows of a UK supplier of DA polishing pads at Chinese prices ?"

It looks like I'm unable to amend the thread title within the main directory.

However, when I created this thread, I was unaware it's possible to buy 3 Chinese polishing pads, from China, for as little as £2:39 delivered (according to a forum member).

What I was really looking for; was a UK supplier of non branded polishing pads at more affordable prices, without an estimated delivery time of 4-6 weeks; and thanks to a link provided by CharliesTTS, this was achieved:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-5x-6...anner=1&_rdt=1

Which were ordered on the Sunday and received within two days (Tuesday morning).

The following is a review by Forensic Detailing, which convinced me to try the Chinese polishing pads and although the pads I purchased share the Hex Logic name and pattern, they were not purchased from the supplier mentioned within the review but from the eBay link above.

Original Post:
As subject title says; does anyone know of a UK supplier of these cheap Chinese polishing pads and backing plates, who deliver within 3-5 days ?

All those listed on eBay are from Shanghia with an estimated delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks; I don't want to wait that long for items to arrive.

Last edited by Demented; 09-10-2018 at 04:17 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #39
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
As this thread has attracted over 4500 views; I've posted a copy of my entire first post below:

This thread was originally entitled "Who knows of a UK supplier of DA polishing pads at Chinese prices ?"

It looks like I'm unable to amend the thread title within the main directory.

However, when I created this thread, I was unaware it's possible to buy 3 Chinese polishing pads, from China, for as little as £2:39 delivered (according to a forum member).

What I was really looking for; was a UK supplier of non branded polishing pads at more affordable prices, without an estimated delivery time of 4-6 weeks; and thanks to a link provided by CharliesTTS, this was achieved:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-5x-6...anner=1&_rdt=1

Which were ordered on the Sunday and received within two days (Tuesday morning).

The following is a review by Forensic Detailing, which convinced me to try the Chinese polishing pads and although the pads I purchased share the Hex Logic name and pattern, they were not purchased from the supplier mentioned within the review but from the eBay link above.
Cheap Chinese polishing pads reviewed - YouTube

Original Post:
As subject title says; does anyone know of a UK supplier of these cheap Chinese polishing pads and backing plates, who deliver within 3-5 days ?

All those listed on eBay are from Shanghia with an estimated delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks; I don't want to wait that long for items to arrive.
They are the same ones from china that you can get 3 for under about £6, if you had orderd them from China when you made this post you would have had them long ago its typically 10-15 days to get them delivered, ive never waited 30 days so you would probably have had them 2 weeks ago

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3Pcs...27424c4dDPG8ic
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #40
THE CHAMP
PC Perfectionist

I spray paint so use quite a few pads as all my jobs are wet flatted down to 2000 grit and need to be polished. I have been using the ZFE store on ebay and never had a problem with either the pads or the service. so for those that would sooner buy the same pads from sellers here at a much higher price crack on
THE CHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote