Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 06-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #31
Croques
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post

Anyone care to comment on whether flow is worth more than pressure when it comes to cleaning (assuming same nozzle pattern and distance from target)
I think you need to take both into account. Good old Karcher marketing has lead everyone to believe it's about pressure only. It isn't.

I would imagine a suitable 'number' - cleaning power if you like - would be the product of water flow and pressure. But remember some pumps have pre-installed chemical injectors (Kranzles especially) that remove 30- to 40 bar from appearing at the nozzle.
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #32
andyfish
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rían P View Post
I can't say for certain as I haven't researched much into as I've never felt the need. 10m can sometimes get in the way, but a quick search on Google shows a possibility of upgrading the hose to 15m (provided there's a hose reel attached on the washer)

http://www.brownspressurewashers.co....e140-p150.html

Not affiliated with above site but it was literally the first one I saw in search results.

For the money, I don't know what else you could ask for. The p150 is reasonably quiet, apt on board storage, solid build quality and feel, as well as adaptable pressure. It has a detergent tank also with a varying dilution knob. It isn't light, but it is easy to manoeuvre with the wheels.

Only potential quam is that i don't think you can use most of their other attachments. I could be wrong though. Mind you, the normal attachment and patio/yard 'super extreme cleaner extravaganza' attachment (not real name) have been more than enough for me.
Thanks for this.

After a lot of deep thinking, consideration, comparison, cross referencing, price checking and reflecting on everyone's advice (or dilly-dallying as the Mrs calls it!) i have gone for the Nelfisk p150 with 6m hose extension (giving 16m).

A sincere thanks for all your advice: it really has been very helpful.
Andrew
andyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andyfish For This Useful Post:
steelghost (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 12:08 PM   #33
voon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Let's say it this way: For normal use (that we use) Flow is more important than extreme pressure. So a PW at 10 liters/minute with 110 bar is way, way better, than one at 4 liters/minute and 130 bar.

You will quickly notice, that PWs are sold by pressure to people usually. Like MPixels with cameras. But: Cheap products have total crap flow (4 liters per minute etc) and cheat with pressure, in that they always talk about maximum reachable pressure, which you'll never have in normal running, while quality brands like Kraenzle tend to talk about actual work pressure.

Personally, I'd never buy anything with less than around 7 liters/minute (my Kränzle 2160 Swiss version has 10, swiss here meaning it tops at 2.1 kW). You need that water out there that hits the dirt and it has to flow away and not just silly steam generation with so little water you can't get the dirt off.

But check the power required: Super high flow AND pressure is usually a 3+ kW machine. Which is why I have a special version to top at 2 kW (slightly less flow and pressure), required to keep my fuses unblown.

Last edited by voon; 06-01-2018 at 12:10 PM.
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #34
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,059 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfish View Post
Thanks for this.

After a lot of deep thinking, consideration, comparison, cross referencing, price checking and reflecting on everyone's advice (or dilly-dallying as the Mrs calls it!) i have gone for the Nelfisk p150 with 6m hose extension (giving 16m).

A sincere thanks for all your advice: it really has been very helpful.
Andrew
I do not think you will be disappointed! From the specs it's a beast of a machine, I've never heard a bad word said about one on here, and they are widely very well reviewed
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:01 PM   #35
andyfish
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I do not think you will be disappointed! From the specs it's a beast of a machine, I've never heard a bad word said about one on here, and they are widely very well reviewed
Thanks fella - can't wait for it to be delivered: it's better than Christmas day!!
Old 06-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #36
voon

Garage
Hehe ... I hope it's not like me, who has no real spacey garage and always has to get the bugger out and set it up etc till you're so fedup with that you go back to just normal washing Have fun, though!
Old 06-01-2018, 05:56 PM   #37
andyfish
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by voon View Post
Hehe ... I hope it's not like me, who has no real spacey garage and always has to get the bugger out and set it up etc till you're so fedup with that you go back to just normal washing Have fun, though!
I know what you mean with the garage - it was built in 1988 with the original house build. I can just about get Fanny in (Fanny is the name of the car) but it is a real squeeze getting out of it (and I'm not a poker) so that clothing (esp coats) can damage the paintwork. As a result the garage is use for storage. The Nelfist will stay set up at the side of the tap. Job done

PS wifey thinks I'm completely barking for ordering a £400 PW when there are PWs for less than £100. Anyone else have a partner who, as far as they are concerned, find the attraction of detailing a total fmystery?
Old 06-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #38
voon

Garage
Quality costs In theory, with the rbass head an all, the thing should last you quite a long while. Keep it maintained and you quite probably do not require a Kraenzle for decades of usage. Some people buy high heels for 400 so, what gives :P

PS: Did you check powerratings? At 2900W, a 10A fuse won't do at 220V. Just asking because where I live, 10A is the usual max (with somewhat rarer 16A).

Last edited by voon; 06-01-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #39
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,059 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voon View Post
PS: Did you check powerratings? At 2900W, a 10A fuse won't do at 220V. Just asking because where I live, 10A is the usual max (with somewhat rarer 16A).
Most circuits in the UK are 13A, so it should be fine so long as there's no other significant loads on at the same time.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #40
percymon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
If you're up for a wee bit of a project you could make something really cracking:

Annovi Reverberi 11 litres / min @ 110 bar pump and motor - £200 EDIT: The price excludes VAT and carriage at £22 so isn't quite as much of a bargain as it first appeared....sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

20m rubber hose - £45

A gun, lance and nozzle setup of your choice - lots to choose from - say, £60

Rubber mains cable and plug - £22

Platform trolley - £20

Some suitable anti-vibration mountings for the pump and motor - £20 (not sure what size the mounting threads on the AR unit are, guessing M8/M10?)

IP66 junction box - £5

By my maths that comes to £372, the balance being for a suitable piece of plywood to mount the motor / pump and junction box to (with the anti-vibe mountings), whatever hardware is needed to attach that plywood to the platform trolley, and any adaptors needed to get the hose to attach to the gun

Easy to move, loads of performance, loads of hose, whatever gun and lance setup you want, plus a nice little project to build it all up.

(I completely understand that this is not everyone's cup of tea if you're looking for an out of the box solution, but the performance would be superb and being an AR pump and motor, you will be able to get spare parts, service etc so it should last you a long while).

Or just get the right adaptors etc to put a proper hose on the Karcher you've got - you mentioned it's cross threaded but with sufficient care it ought to be possible to get something to fit to give you a "new" outlet that a longer hose can be attached to.
Callum - you are a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad influence lol!

I just ordered the AR pump, Anti - vibration feet and QR hose couplings - will need to source hose and gun/lance etc but I'm in no rush.

It's complete overkill for my needs, but hopefully will see me 10+ years of service (my current Karcher is at least 12yrs old!). I missed the Kranzle group buy (again ) but going this route should give me Kranzle 1150 performance for Kranzle 1050 money
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote