Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #21
GSVHammer
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
Have you managed to use the Vertool yet? Is there much difference in the vibration between the machines?
I haven't tried it yet apart form plugin it in to the wall to make sure it worked. I'm hoping to try it this Sunday.
GSVHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #22
wyliss

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSVHammer View Post
I haven't tried it yet apart form plugin it in to the wall to make sure it worked. I'm hoping to try it this Sunday.
Will you give us all a quick update please?
wyliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #23
GSVHammer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliss View Post
Will you give us all a quick update please?
Well I gave the Vertool Force Drive it's maiden run today. Used it with a Chemical Guys Blue Hexlogic Pad and Britemax Black Max Light Polishing Glaze, which is also a new product for me.

I've never used a Flex 3401 so I can't compare the VFD to it. However I found the machine incredibly easy to use. I wouldn't say there is vibration from it but others who compare it against a F3401 say it has more vibration than the 3401.

The VFD felt smooth to me and fairly easy to control. It will try to walk you a little bit when you go over a contour on your bonnet. However you just adjust to it and within 10 minutes it just feels normal.
A harder pad may make a bit more of a difference as I found the blue pad would compress easy, even on vertical panels.

On to vertical panels, the machine didn't feel any heavier than my old DAS6 (the original model with the 500w motor), and felt comfortable holding it both ways i.e hands top and bottom also left to right.
I'm right handed but tried the machine left handed on the lower door panels and found that I could use the machine like this. I think this area on the car is the hardest to do as you are kneeling or sitting with the machine below you.

So I'm really pleased with the VFD and I can't see me needing to buy another machine that takes 5.5" pads unless the VFD breaks at some point. I know that it isn't going to slow down on curves like my old DAS6.
The DAS6 now has a 3" backing plate on it and will be used as a spot pad machine.

I only look after our family cars 5 in total and know the VFD will handle any job the require from light polishing to serious corrections. Very happy with my purchase.
GSVHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GSVHammer For This Useful Post:
ENEP (15-01-2018)