Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 10-01-2018, 11:01 PM   #11
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I think we need a few shots of your new AR pump & motor combo before that mate
It might be another few weeks before I accumulated the rest of it, but the motor pump unit arrived today..

percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to percymon For This Useful Post:
Soapybubbles (19-01-2018), steelghost (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 11:20 PM   #12
Craighightower
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Very worthwhile looking at the obsessed garage YouTube channel on pressures washers and kranzle in particular
Craighightower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Craighightower For This Useful Post:
steelghost (10-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #13
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,071 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
It might be another few weeks before I accumulated the rest of it, but the motor pump unit arrived today..

Very nice. I note there's no cover for the chemical feed inlet, might be worth putting something over it (even a blob of blutak?) to stop any muck getting in there
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
percymon (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #14
Joel79
Sponge Jockey

Here is my setup. Kränzle 1152 tst PA gun and lance, both with kew quick release. 15, 25 and 40 degrees nozzles with kew plugs. Great set but i ordered Mosmatic gun and lance. Foam lances i have two PA's(autobrite and monello)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171128_030906_454.jpg (96.8 KB, 177 views)
Joel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joel79 For This Useful Post:
steelghost (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 12:06 PM   #15
ttc6
Washmitt Meister

Cracking. I'll keep an eye on this for when the time comes...

That AR pump combo is hard to beat for £200, you'd struggle to build one for that - even with a lathe!
ttc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ttc6 For This Useful Post:
steelghost (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #16
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttc6 View Post
Cracking. I'll keep an eye on this for when the time comes...

That AR pump combo is hard to beat for £200, you'd struggle to build one for that - even with a lathe!
Good to see you in here Tom

It's not immediately obvious from the web page but the price is ex VAT as percymon discovered when he called them. So still good value, just not quite as stonking as it first appears.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #17
ttc6
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Good to see you in here Tom

It's not immediately obvious from the web page but the price is ex VAT as percymon discovered when he called them. So still good value, just not quite as stonking as it first appears.

No great surprise I suppose. I had forgotten to ring them, been mad at work recently and getting the building finished is higher up on the list of priorities if I'm honest!

Like all my projects no doubt it'll drag on and I'll end up over-thinking and under-simplifying the solution. For now the little Nilfisk soldiers on!
ttc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ttc6 For This Useful Post:
steelghost (14-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #18
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle

I don't know if this is the right place for this but if not let me know as I think it may be more suitable to just make It a separate thread.

My current set up is messy and time consuming to set up and put away, here is the only photo I have to give an example of what its like. Please ignore mad looking dog who thinks its carry on time when the car is getting washed

This is the space I would like to have my PW permanently hooked up, I would like to have it tucked under the tumble dryer out the way. Then have a hose reel mounted on the wall where the hose is hanging just now or even have the hose reel mounted inside the cupboard. This space is attached to the house and its where I keep my cleaning supplies like buckets, wheel cleaner, shampoo, APC, basically all things used during wash stage. So I know that in temperatures as low as -10 everything in there including just plain water won't freeze.

Distance from the wash space, I usually wash my car just outside the carport, the carport is a great shelter from sun and rain when its extreme but for the most part I will wash the car just outside as it can be a little tight for space when washing in there.

Usual wash spot

Car Port Area

I know the garage seems like the best spot to set up the PW + Hose reel but there is no water supply in there plus no insulation or heating so everything in there will freeze up when it gets cold

I would need a 20 meter hose to wash in the usual spot or a 30 meter for it to reach the carport

looking at something like this for the hose reel https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Dut...sAAOSwFGNWTviD

Whats everyones thoughts on this ? Its about the best / most practical solutions I can come up with seeing as I don't have a heated garage but I need todo something as the whole set up and putting away of the PW is a pain and makes cleaning the car a bit of a chore at times
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #19
dave-
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Cant wait to see some DIY builds with parts list / how they were put together etc.

I may do it when my c120 packs in but I cant justify it when I have a working PW
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #20
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
I don't know if this is the right place for this but if not let me know as I think it may be more suitable to just make It a separate thread.
This is exactly the sort of question I had in mind to discuss in this thread

I have an MTM Hydro reel very similar (they do different sizes), and it's a very solid bit of gear.

Got it from these folks in Poland. Same MTM Hydro product. I got 15m of hose with it but it's DN08 (twin wire) hose and to be honest it's thicker and heavier than it strictly needs to be. I'm OK with it because it's very durable and 15m is plenty (plus I can add the Kranzle hose to make 25m if I really need to). If you're getting 30m, I'd definitely go with a thinner (but still plenty tough) single wire hose which is still rated to 200 bar!

For instance they have this one (M22 ends so readily adapted to anything you like) for just under £60 delivered for 30m.

You also need the relevant banjo fittings (or a reel with them already fitted) and a "link hose" that goes from the PW outlet to the back of the reel.

It's not cheap - but it makes an enormous difference to the ease and speed of getting the PW set up (and put away again).
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Frog (16-06-2018)

Tags
diy, pressure, upgrade, washer