Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #21
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,184
Thanks: 151
Thanked 583 Times in 489 Posts
Garage
If your PW will fit side ways under the tumble drier then a high pressure link hose (perhaps needing a 90’ elbow at the PW outlet) to a externally mounted HP hose reel would be a relatively tidy option. At least the PW could be static then. If you are using over 15m of hose you will probably need the 2 wire larger diameter hose to reduce pressure drop to the gun. A gun with quick release connection would allow the HP hose to be reeled in after use easily

Last edited by percymon; 12-01-2018 at 10:01 AM.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to percymon For This Useful Post:
Hereisphilly (11-01-2018), steelghost (11-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #22
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,460
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,059 Posts
Garage
This is an interesting resource to size the pressure loss you might experience.

It's all in US units, but 2 US gallons per minute is about 7 litres a minute; 1/4" hose is roughly 6mm ID (ie DN06), and 5/16" hose is approx 8mm ID (DN08). Pressure loss reduces at lower flow rates.

20 psi is 1.37 bar, so for a 30m (~=100ft hose) you're talking a 12 bar loss in pressure for DN06 hose, vs a 4 bar loss for DN08 hose (at 7.6lpm)

Last edited by steelghost; 12-01-2018 at 09:57 AM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #23
Soapybubbles
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Soapybubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 914
Thanks: 958
Thanked 221 Times in 179 Posts
Garage
Glad you got round to setting this thread up SG!

Here is my lance new set up for my Karcher K5



Purchased from Damian at Qwashers

My next purchase will be a new hose as I'm fed up with the standard green hose and reel toppling over the PW and coiling up constantly.

SG will a new hose from Qwashers not coil up so much like the standard karcher item?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soapybubbles For This Useful Post:
steelghost (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #24
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,460
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,059 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapybubbles View Post
SG will a new hose from Qwashers not coil up so much like the standard karcher item?
My experience of rubber and steel wire hoses (ie "proper" hoses ) is that they basically want to be straight, the only exception is if you apply a twist to them - then they will coil up because of the steel wire in them. This is particularly true for dual-wire hoses - less so for single wire types.

You mention a reel - I've seen that some of the Nilfisk machines can be problematic to replace or upgrade hoses, it's worth checking before you order anything how it would replace the existing hose (you might already have checked this but thought worth mentioning in case).
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #25
Deje
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 334
Thanks: 53
Thanked 91 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapybubbles View Post
Glad you got round to setting this thread up SG!

Here is my lance new set up for my Karcher K5



Purchased from Damian at Qwashers

My next purchase will be a new hose as I'm fed up with the standard green hose and reel toppling over the PW and coiling up constantly.

SG will a new hose from Qwashers not coil up so much like the standard karcher item?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is the Nozzle Protector mounted? Saw Matt moreman mount it on his mosmatic lance, looked a bit awkward.
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #26
Dazednconfused
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 109
Thanks: 94
Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts
Hi Soapybubbles,
Are the QR's from the gun standard 11.6mm quick releases?
If yes, where did you get QR attachment for the snow foam lance?
Cheers
Phil
Dazednconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #27
Soapybubbles
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Soapybubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 914
Thanks: 958
Thanked 221 Times in 179 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
My experience of rubber and steel wire hoses (ie "proper" hoses ) is that they basically want to be straight, the only exception is if you apply a twist to them - then they will coil up because of the steel wire in them. This is particularly true for dual-wire hoses - less so for single wire types.



You mention a reel - I've seen that some of the Nilfisk machines can be problematic to replace or upgrade hoses, it's worth checking before you order anything how it would replace the existing hose (you might already have checked this but thought worth mentioning in case).


My intention was to no longer use the hose reel mechanism on my karcher when I get the new hose


I planned on hanging it on a hook off my garage wall to store when not in use.

My original hose has a quick connect type into the motor, I was hoping to order a non karcher type hose so that when my pw gives up I can re use the new hose. Not sure how I would plumb that in? but will speak to Damian at nearer the time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #28
Soapybubbles
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Soapybubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 914
Thanks: 958
Thanked 221 Times in 179 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deje View Post
How is the Nozzle Protector mounted? Saw Matt moreman mount it on his mosmatic lance, looked a bit awkward.
It just slides on I think,I can move it back if need be, it was already attached when I got it
Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soapybubbles For This Useful Post:
Deje (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #29
Soapybubbles
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Soapybubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 914
Thanks: 958
Thanked 221 Times in 179 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazednconfused View Post
Hi Soapybubbles,
Are the QR's from the gun standard 11.6mm quick releases?
If yes, where did you get QR attachment for the snow foam lance?
Cheers
Phil

That's correct they are indeed 11.6mm QR

I got the snow foam attachment from Damian at Qwashers

1xmini male x 1/4 female QR £1.08

Hope that helps
Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #30
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,184
Thanks: 151
Thanked 583 Times in 489 Posts
Garage
Anyone looking for a new gun ( and fittings etc) should have a look at

www.malcleanse.co.uk

Ordered this gun today, together with a 3/8" male to 19.5mm QR male (plus some dowty washers and other odds n sods)..



Colour might not be to most peoples tastes but with built in stainless steel swivel, low force trigger and a spec of 310Bar max and 45l/min max , and 150'C capability it can cope with pretty much most machines output. Its from Suttner's 'professional' (eg petrol station car jet wash use) so is going to be robust and reliable - better spec than the ST-2600 in their more usual 'detailer' range.

Last edited by percymon; 12-01-2018 at 08:02 PM.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to percymon For This Useful Post:
steelghost (12-01-2018)
Reply

Tags
diy, pressure, upgrade, washer


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors