Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > MER Auto Shine
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
james_death
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'

Thanked 4,915 Times in 3,751 Posts
Mer Ultimate Shine Polish Review

So How Did i Find the New Mer Ultimate Shine Polish???

Well Better Start Stripping Back and Testing...

So Bonnet Stripped of Wax... and Clayed.

Product fragrance not strongly chemical and to my nose a slight Citrus Top Note....

Consistency is a cream like look and Feel.

Tried a Little Blob on a makeup pad and it spread easy enough nothing more seamed to have been lifted off the paint with the makeup pad.

Have tried this with stockinet, you know the old school polishing cloth material....

Same performance spreads easy but for more bite try a microfibre cloth.

I found the Micro Fibre cloth actually lifted more from the paint in that you can still have some grime even after a good wash and clay and re wash.

Now i had some marring from claying...

However using the MicroFibre and Mer Ultimate Shine Polish seamed to remove it and i could not find any no matter how much i bobbed around looking at all the angles....

Did find some very very light dusting on the Bonnet but nothing surprising since you are removing a polish only noticed this on the bonnet and never seamed apparent over the rest of the Vehicle.

In Light of this i tested on a scratch i noticed when cleaning...

Spot of Polish on Cloth...

After application and Removal...

Not Bad... the deeper mark still there but reduced and the rest barely visible or not visible at all....

Its not going to do any major correction but thats pretty good...

Had clayed the whole car barring the roof and went all round with the Polish removed and did a second application and removal to ensure i did not miss anything.

When it came to the roof that had not been clayed i wanted to see how it did with just the microfibre and a little elbow grease.

The Cloth did remove contamination...

Left a smooth feeling surface and noticed the metal flake more.

Easy to use easy to spread and remove and could well make a good cleanser before a waxing.

Thank you all for Reading...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to james_death For This Useful Post:
66Rob (20-09-2015), Avanti (03-02-2013), Burg194 (09-02-2013), knightstemplar (12-02-2013), Mer Car Care (04-02-2013), onks (22-02-2013), TopSport+ (12-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
Soul Hudson
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,316 Posts
Garage
I used to sware my Mer before I got hardcore about detailing and have since gone away from them but something tells me I may head back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soul Hudson For This Useful Post:
Mer Car Care (11-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
aaronfife

I used my free sample Mer were kindly giving away on a friends car and would like to give my mini review:

First was the noticeable smell, quite different to the usual 'polish' scent but actually found it nice. After a full de-contamination I applied the polish to half a panel, worked in for 2mins or so and then waited another 2 min before buffing off. It smeared a bit on buff off but then again it was 1c so that was expected. The results.... very impressive for a hand polish! Lovely deep, glossy finish that once applied with a seperate sealant afterwards really brought out the paint.

All and all, I was impressed by the finish Mer Ultimate Shine Polish gave. It will be on my list of hand polishes in the future that's for sure

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
james_death (14-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
TopSport+
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,480 Times in 1,453 Posts
Garage
perfect!