Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > MER Auto Shine
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
james_death
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'

Thanked 4,915 Times in 3,751 Posts
Mer Ultimate Shine Polish First Tentative Try.

Ok Folks Hoped to give this a proper try out today but Migraine attack put pay to that Blured Visiion for two hours before the jack hammer started in my head which i always get when the vision clears....

Anyways time and light was leaving me so more will follow in a proper test, but decided to post my brief findings so far.

I cleaned my Piaggio X9 500cc Super Scoot and gave her a claying to ensure clean and product free painted plastic panels.

The Liquid in the Bottle is a gloopy creamy solution.

Smell is Similar to the Original Mer Polish but slightly different and the Consistency is a little thicker than the Original.

Its Nice to see that Mer Has retained the child or should that be Baby Proof Cap.

Instructions are typical fair of.. shake well, little on lint free cloth, avoid getting on plastic trim and small over lapping circular movements.

Spreads easily and you dont need much to cover an area.

Allow to haze and buff off with fresh cloth.

Comes off a doddle and no dusting at all.

I intend to test more in the future but with failing light etc no pics im afraid.

However i did run some tape down one side panel to separate un polished and polished section.

After application despite having clayed the panel.

The section that had been polished with the Mer Ultimate Shine Polish did feel slicker and indeed was glossier.

The instruction's state the more layers the better the Gloss, and with just one fast coat i have indeed received more gloss.

I also did the centre insert to the fairing which gets most stuff thrown at it when on the road and on here there are 2 clear scratches you can catch them with your finger nail.

Although the scratches are still there after the Mer Ultimate Shine polish was used, not surprising as they are deep they are noticeably reduced.

This could be that they have been fully cleaned of anything that may have been sitting in the scratches either way it certainly looks better.

The Front Mudguard also had one coat and that too looked better for it getting more of a shine to the silver.

The side panel as stated looked glossier on the section that was polished and the deep blue looked that much deeper in colour not a staggering amount but certainly noticeable in my eye.

Thank you all for reading...

Last edited by james_death; 24-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james_death For This Useful Post:
TopSport+ (24-01-2013), Trip tdi (24-01-2013)
Old 24-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Benji471
PC Perfectionist

Is this rebranding for Mer or just a new line? Look well presented if nothing else.
Old 24-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Trip tdi
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,009 Times in 2,672 Posts
I like the packaging of the product, very up Market and exclusive, a step forward in the right direction for Mer, got to move with the times and years.

So James, the packaging looks ace, is there any demo's on here with the product in action buddie.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
james_death
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'

Thanked 4,915 Times in 3,751 Posts
The 3 i Have are not simply a re packaging they are indeed new formulas.

Only just coming out Trip and only had chance to give the shampoo a test run so far and a brief play as i say for the Polish, looking forward to trying out the polish and the new finishing wax more extensively.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_death For This Useful Post:
Trip tdi (24-01-2013)