Detailing World Forum banner

Unique Detail Vs 1965 Mustang, full Wet sand.

15K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  cleslie 
#1 ·
Hi all,

So for those that know me also know I am a massive Mustang fan and owner, so when asked to tidy up this mustang and do what i could to improve the cars paintwork and overal finish I was glad to help.

This 1965 Mustang had seen better days thats for sure as some of the pictures will show, Some 50+ hours have been spent trying to acheive the best we could in the time frame we had the car and to fit with the clients budget.

First off the engine bay had a light overhaul with various parts stripped and painted along with the chrome seeing a good clean.
The paintwork was fully wet sanded by hand using various grades of paper, this was a mission seeing as this was single stage paint and with fairly low readings in some areas.

The interior although the seats were in good condition the door cards and dash had seen better days so these where stripped and repainted, although there are plenty of pictures we didnt manage to get as many as we would have liked due to time we had the car.

Pictures in no particular order but gives an idea what was acheived.

Car on arrival.

Door cards were stripped back as the paint was peeling off, these where etch primed and repainted gloss black, the center cars where not removed due to the clips being old and possibly braking.

Engine bay was given a good tidy.

The paintwork had definitely seen its best days.

A few finished shots, by no meens was the car perfect but was vastly improved and put one wide grin on the clients face.

If you got this far thanks for looking.

ATB
Andy

See less See more
#18 ·
Top work. So many of the pro pics in this forum are on cars that are relatively good to start with, it's great to see someone posting something with such a big turnaround.

It may not be perfect but it's a huge improvement. I doubt you'd get it to perfect without a full respray and then you'd lose the benefit of original paint etc.

Really like this

#25 ·
Top work. So many of the pro pics in this forum are on cars that are relatively good to start with, it's great to see someone posting something with such a big turnaround.

It may not be perfect but it's a huge improvement. I doubt you'd get it to perfect without a full respray and then you'd lose the benefit of original paint etc.

Really like this
Thanks for the nice comments richtea78 :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.