Detailing World Forum banner

• swell.gr • Nissan GT-R Zaino Correction Detail •

66K views 40 replies 39 participants last post by  turbanator 
#1 ·
At the end of last week, which was very busy by the way, I thought I should spend some time away from the studio and into the countryside.

My escapade was ideally combined with taking care of a customers vehicle.

I am talking about a beautiful, fast and really special Japanese beast….the Nissan GT-R.

Without further ado, I started my washing routine, as soon as I arrived.

Two bucket method with grit guards, using the exceptional Michell & King Spa and the ideal wash mitt for such a vehicle, the Microfiber Madness Incredimitt.

Some more attention given to the nooks and crannies, using Envy Brushes and the Autofinesse Citrus Power .

Ferrous deposits were removed from the wheels with the use of Bilt Hamber Korrosol .

Drying was done with the outstanding Microfiber Madness Dry me Crazy.

Then we entered inside in order to move on to the next stage of pampering.

Clear coat condition inspection was next, where we found enough swirls and several deeper blemishes caused by branches and bushes that are found in the outdoors, and that spoiled the finish of the GT-R .

The necessary paint thickness measurements.

Bilt-Hamber Soft clay was used for prepping the surface.

In the following pictures, you see some 50/50 shots and some Before/After shots, all taken before finishing stage.

After correction we took care of the usual peripherals. Tires were dressed with Zaino Z16 and the few trims found with Autofinesse Revive. Wheel arches were dressed with FK #108.
Rims were polished with Zaino ZAIO, to be sealed with Ζaino Z2 .
Glasses cleansed and then sealed with Nanolex Ultra Glass Sealant.

Exhausts were polished with the Britemax twins, providing superb shine:

Paintwork protection included 2 Zaino Z2 layers (ZFX'ed) with a 30 minute interval in-between and a wipe down with Ζ6 quick detailer.
In order to boost the Zaino Wet Look ...one more layer of Ζaino Z8 was just what was needed...

... you can see for yourselves ....

Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.