Detailing World Forum banner

Using Zaino Z2 without ZFX

7K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  nifreaky 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just brought myself a new (to me) GTI Golf in solid white and have decided the Zaino line of products is the best choice to polish and seal the surface. The paint is pretty much flawless, so my plan of attack with what I have available is ZAIO followed by 2 layers of Z2 Pro and a final wipe down of Z8.

However, I don’t have access to the ZFX flash cure accelerator and had intended on applying at least 2 layers of Z2 to ensure uniform coverage. Question is – how is not adding the ZFX likely to affect my intention of layering? There seems to be no issue going straight from the ZAIO to Z2 without using the ZFX, however from what I read the ZFX is essential if multiple layers of Z2 are to be applied.

My original thinking was that the cure time would simply be extended (say by 8 to 12 hours?) to allow sufficient cure time between layers, but from what I read here and on Zaino’s website it seems future applications of the Z2 after the initial layer will simply remove the previous layers, making layering pointless in my mind – is this the case?

So, is it possible to use the Zaino line without ZFX, or should I just look at some other sealant ‘system’?

Thanks,

R.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah this is correct. Your better to wait 12 hours for it to fully cure before applying another coat if your not using the accelerator! Trust me on this one though...

Start with zaino gloss enhancer spray a panel and wipe down. Then apply the z2 Polish, then use the gloss enhancer again once you've wiped the polish off and finally finish off after that with the z8! Crazy the results! I've used many different stuff but always go back to this reliable way. Only thing I've added on top is gyeon wet coat to finish it off (could be a little OTT but thought I would give it a try)...

Here's a picture or two of the results of zaino trio...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.