Detailing World Forum banner

Zaino ZPC or AIO or both?

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DJBAILEY 
#1 ·
Need some advice on properly preparing my new(ish) car for 2 coats of ZFX enabled Z2. Car has white VAG paint in good condition i.e. very few swirls and scratches. I have both ZPC and ZAIO and I’m definitely going to use the AIO (to provide a good base for the Z2), only question is whether to use the ZPC as well as AIO and if it will really add anything to the finish?

Using ZPC will obviously remove any paint defects, and maybe strip the last of the dealer applied LSP. However I’m not too concerned about taking off whatever LSP is still there, as degrease, clay, de-iron and de-tar should take care of that.

I am thinking more using the paint cleaner as an abrasive for maximising the gloss and reflectivity of the white paint – will ZPC give me the edge in this sense?

Polish/AIO will be applied by DA and Hex pads if that helps.

Thanks,

R.

#2 ·
Yes, ZPC is a decent little 1-stepper polish. I have used it with orange, green (heavy polishing), and white pads. It works well with all of them. It has good initial bite then breaks down quickly. So you sort of have to ramp up the PC speed quickly at first then drop down to finish it off. Wipes off easy and it will leave the paint squeaky clean. The follow up with the ZAIO on a softer pad. You definitely won't have any stains left in the clear coat after that. Think of it as a 2 step medium polish with the ZPC then finishing polish with the ZAIO. Zaino is not known for having any corrective polishes, but you could absolutely maintain a serious shine on a vehicle with just those 2 products.

My wife's Dodge minivan is 10 years old now and has never been polished with anything harsher than ZPC since brand new and still has a great finish. I just find it quick and easy to go over it with a white/green pad and ZPC.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Just one more question - do you think it’s possible to do a 2-step polish with ZPC and AIO, plus 2 coats of ZFX enabled Z2 all in one day? Or would this be rushing things?

Am thinking due to the quick break down of the ZPC you describe this would maybe reduce the overall polishing time needed?

Thanks,

R.

#4 ·
I guess it would depend on the size and condition of your car. And also your polishing skills. Hit each panel with ZPC until you are happy with the defect removal. You should be able to do the ZPC and ZAIO polishing in 1 day. Might have to wait until next day to layer the coats of Z2 on. No reason to wait though, if you have enough time on the first day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.