Detailing World Forum banner

Damn weather!

8K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Kerr 
#1 ·
Don't know about the rest of you guys in the UK but the weather here in Northern Ireland has been pretty terrible for the last month or so. I have just got my new car and have been itching to use all my new Zaino products on her but the rain just hasn't stopped!

There's a small window of a couple of hours tomorrow but its going to be rushed, so I might just apply a coat of AG SRP and EGP to protect the car for a while, although it could be 2016 before Ireland sees any sunshine again!

Really want to use my Zaino polishes and sealants but don't have access to indoor facilities so pretty screwed.:wall:

Edit: also should have mentioned we are getting a lot of work done to the house at the moment so my polisher is buried under a pile of c**p in the garage so I can't use that either, arggg!!!

#3 ·
I have been itching to get my new car sorted to but no clear window of no rain recently, the weather forecast yesterday suggested it would be a good opportunity, was nicely overcast but no threat of rain as I get started the clouds clear and bright sunshine car became very hot to touch ffs. Not got any shade on my drive might need to hunt out a unit, although next week is looking promising

#7 ·
I've got to say that the weather is annoying me, not only does it **** down approximately 3:32 mins after I've finished drying my car and continue raining whenever I drive somewhere, I've not been able to cut the grass for a couple of months and more importantly I've not been able to sit outside, drink beer and BBQ :(.
The weather was amazing at half 7 this morning, now I'm just about to head out the clouds are appearing. Must be one of the grimmest years for weather we've had for a while.

#9 ·
This summer has been a washout so far.

It has been the wettest July ever for many of us. Some places are 220% up on average rainfall levels.

As for the app, I've got an easier way to tell if it's going to rain.

White clouds=fine

Grey clouds=rain :lol:

#12 ·
Feel your pain. Last week I finally got round to using my new DA and what happens? Bright clear skies followed by short bursts of torrential rain.

Mind you the decontamination stage went well and the day after I just rinsed, snow foamed and set about getting stuck in again.

But I am going to ask a few friends if I can use some of their workspace to really get stuck in. I'd still love to know how the mobile guys manage to get the job done with the UK weather the way it is.

Any way it was worth the wait since I learnt a lot just doing the bonnet on my Corsa. Found some brake fluid etching, solvent outgassing marks, bird **** etching and some cracking scratches that I will not touch until I have a PTG. All in all using a DA wasn't as daunting as I first thought. Swirls are gone but now all the RDS show up like a sore thumb lol

#13 ·
To be fair, today was quite nice though typically I'd just left the garage (I'm fortunate enough to have a unit I share with mates, unfortunately it's 35miles from home!) to head home and saw some spots of rain on the windscreen. Didn't come to anything though.
I'm nightshift this week so it wouldn't surprise me if the weather was superb when I'm sleeping. Lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.