Detailing World Forum banner

how to strip wax

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  chongo 
#1 ·
how do you strip all wax from the car so you can start fresh.

Thanks

#4 ·
A&J you can achieve a fresh start by doing a decon, I've done it many times and by knowing this I've used an open hose to test:thumb:

Also BH cleaner fluid is a good choice to use after a decon and after that if you use BH cleanser polish on a white polishing pad then you will only see the stain from the polish on the pad not grime. So yes it can be done if done properly and take your time:wave:

#5 ·
Chongo it really depends of the protection previously applied. For some carnuba waxes decontamination and panel wipe will do the job, but for some tougher sealants and hybrids , it wont be enough. Recently I did my spring detail, and my car had a Fusso on it which was 6 months old, after wash and chemical decontamination the fusso was beading like mad, like I refreshed it, probably I did with removal of the contamination. Clayed it , still nothing, water was still sheeting and beading, tried panek wipe , same thing. I had to use AF Tough Prep to remove it after all. So it really depends on the LSP applied.

#6 ·
I fully understand what your saying but he did mention wax, so I was only saying what I can do after a car has had some wax on it, even on a car I decon today, it had some of that wax you can get in a gold tin which you can buy from Halfords and the supermarket which he said he put on a couple of weeks ago. So after a full decon the paint was completely striped of any protection. I have a picture I took today as I knew someone would say different. Even with sealants on I've never had a problem even with a quick spray of BH cleaner fluid after a decon still helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.