Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 21-02-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
Richard1
Sponge Jockey

Koch Chemie Lack-Polish Green/Grün

Hi all,

I've been reading lots of good things about Koch Chemie polishes and decided to take the plunge and order the Lack-polish Green - I've had a read of the website as well as a few threads on here and it's not quite clear what exactly the Green/Grün polish is!

I bought it on the basis that it's an ultra fine finishing polish (I'm looking for something to further refine/increase gloss after using Sonax EX 04-06), but I've since read a few people mention it being more of a glaze/LSP despite the website not mentioning this explicitly - it does mention protecting paint however.

I was planning to use this with a blue Hexlogic pad followed by a BH cleanser-fluid wipe down but there doesn't seem much point if it turns out that it's a glaze that would be wiped straight off again!

Cheers
Richard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 06:05 PM   #2
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,598 Times in 1,952 Posts
Garage
http://www.koch-chemie.de/en/Detailing/Paintwork/

Quote:
Lack-Polish grün protects, maintains and refines new and as new paintwork. The finish with Lack-Polish grün will give the paintwork a depth of gloss and colour that is exceptional. The treated paintwork is protected for a long period against adverse environmental factors. Lack-Polish grün is very easy and time-saving to use, and is suitable for all paint types. With Daimler approval.
Cut: 1,0
Gloss: 9,5
From this PDF:

Quote:
Apply Lack-Polish grün in an even thin film either mechanically (ideally with an orbital polisher) with our black finishing pad, or manually with a similarly soft pad. To finish, buff any polish residues to a mirror finish with a Profi microfibre cloth. If an abrasive effect is required, use the polish with a medium-hard yellow machine polishing pad and a rotary polisher.
Sounds like it has very little cut (ie it is a finishing / refining polish) but also leaves some protection.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
mb1 (03-02-2018)
Old 21-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #3
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,071 Posts
Why don't you just use M2.01 and then top off with whatever LSP you want?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
chongo (21-02-2017)
Old 21-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #4
Richard1
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Sounds like it has very little cut (ie it is a finishing / refining polish) but also leaves some protection.
Thanks for the info - I did read those pages but it's slightly ambiguous as to what it might leave behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post
Why don't you just use M2.01 and then top off with whatever LSP you want?
I went for this one as the lack-polish is rated better for gloss (9.5 v 9.0 - although whether you'd be able to tell is debatable!)
Also, the information for the 2.01 states that pads cannot be used with other products after this one!
Old 21-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #5
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1 View Post
Thanks for the info - I did read those pages but it's slightly ambiguous as to what it might leave behind!

I went for this one as the lack-polish is rated better for gloss (9.5 v 9.0 - although whether you'd be able to tell is debatable!)
Also, the information for the 2.01 states that pads cannot be used with other products after this one!
Naah I can't see you noticing the difference between them tbh, M2.01 is a great finishing polish

No idea what's they're on about not using the pads, unless they mean they don't want contamination of other coarser products back onto the pad, if it's just for finishing duties?

That's not how it's written tho, it's very odd

Old 21-02-2017, 09:59 PM   #6
Richard1
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post
Naah I can't see you noticing the difference between them tbh, M2.01 is a great finishing polish

No idea what's they're on about not using the pads, unless they mean they don't want contamination of other coarser products back onto the pad, if it's just for finishing duties?

That's not how it's written tho, it's very odd
Perhaps something is lost in translation! Have you used 04-06 before, do you think this would finish better than the Sonax (used on a green Hexlogic)?

Cheers
Old 21-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #7
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1 View Post
Perhaps something is lost in translation! Have you used 04-06 before, do you think this would finish better than the Sonax (used on a green Hexlogic)?

Cheers
Yep I've used it before, and it's a great finishing polish, but then I've never had an issue with EX 04/06

I actually think that EX 04/06 finishes down extremely well (it's got the same abrasives in it as Perfect finish)

Maybe it's worth doing another pass with Ex 04/06 on a white pad so something if you really want that final 1%?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
Richard1 (21-02-2017)
Old 01-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #8
mb1
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Thanks for the guid
mb1 is offline   Reply With Quote