Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 22-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #11
alistairogrady
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorty View Post
Nice car, they are pretty lush...but I am biased

Is yours an S-Tronic or manual?
Hi

It's a manual

Alistair

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
alistairogrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #12
alistairogrady
Unwashed Member

I got via eBay, a original sales brochure and price list from 2005

Interesting list of options available on the list, I'll post up some pics later.

My trim is red Vienna leather, code LZ...

Alistair

Old 07-03-2018, 02:01 AM   #13
alistairogrady
Unwashed Member

Not much to report... Still waiting for a quote to repair the drivers seat bolster, I'll chase the fella up, he said

"generally a single bolster repair is about £30-40, on top of this is the colourant and top coat finish matched by sending away a headrest/visor etc to be colour spectrumed, this usually comes in at about £20"

So not too bad. Not had any luck trying to find a replacement center armrest in red, the catch is broken, might have to get a normal one and try to take it apart...

Washed it over the weekend, tried a new product, Auto Allure Rapidcoat, a highly hydrophobic spray on, pressure wash off coating. Amazing beading, did the camper too, lasts 3 months aparantly

Alistair

Old 07-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #14
jbenekeorr
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairogrady View Post
Not much to report... Still waiting for a quote to repair the drivers seat bolster, I'll chase the fella up, he said

"generally a single bolster repair is about £30-40, on top of this is the colourant and top coat finish matched by sending away a headrest/visor etc to be colour spectrumed, this usually comes in at about £20"

So not too bad. Not had any luck trying to find a replacement center armrest in red, the catch is broken, might have to get a normal one and try to take it apart...

Washed it over the weekend, tried a new product, Auto Allure Rapidcoat, a highly hydrophobic spray on, pressure wash off coating. Amazing beading, did the camper too, lasts 3 months aparantly

Alistair

The price for that bolster repair sounds really reasonable. Let us know how it turns out.

Don't tell me the arm rest catch is the same system as the MK4 Golf?! Ironically it was the only working part on my old Golf
jbenekeorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #15
muchoado
Orbital Oracle

looks a great spec
muchoado is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to muchoado For This Useful Post:
alistairogrady (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #16
alistairogrady
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenekeorr View Post
The price for that bolster repair sounds really reasonable. Let us know how it turns out.

Don't tell me the arm rest catch is the same system as the MK4 Golf?! Ironically it was the only working part on my old Golf
Ha, it annoys me as you can't have the arm rest up as the lid flaps open....

I'll post details on the bolster as and when it gets done...

Alistair

Old 31-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #17
alistairogrady
Unwashed Member

Hi!

Still waiting for the guy to sort my bolster, I'll give him another nudge, he messaged me on his insta feed, saying he hadn't forgotten, he's a busy boy it seems...

Small update, just had a big service, gearbox, transfer box, haldex and engine oil, filters, sparkplugs, HPFP cam bucket... All for piece of mind.

Slight clack noise from I think rhs driveshaft on right hand turn with throttle load, another thing to look at.

Got some floor mats, black with red diamond stitching and contrasting red and black mats on top. All a pretty good fit, but drivers side completely wrong, so the seller is speaking to the factory about this, maybe just a simple as the wrong type sent..

Really like the look, but annoyingly could do with a plastic cover over the top to keep them mint - kids and there muddy shoes! 🤣 they do clean up easy though, that's the idea of them really..

Cleaned and polished, used Auto Allure Rapidcoat, which was pressure washed off, didn't have time to dry, and the following day dryed on water spots.... So used Auto Allure Show Finish high gloss detail spray which removed the marks and topped up the shine very nicely!

Alistair