Detailing World Forum banner

Defined Details - Focus RS Ultimate Green (CquartzUK)

26K views 43 replies 43 participants last post by  OCDcherry 
#1 ·
Defined Details - Focus RS Ultimate Green (CquartzUK)

The Home of Vehicle Perfection.

Email:- info.defineddetails@gmail.com | Tel:- 07817 224 869.

I wish to take this opportunity to wish all Detailing world members a Happy and Joyous New Year.

The owner had recently purchase this fine example of a Focus Rs mainly due to the previous owner care and attention. But the new owner wished it brought up to a certain standard and a few modification carried out at the same time. The Focus arrive with a general light layer of dust and grime, as expected. But was treated to the same and standard wash process as normal. Light pre snow foam to remove and heavy grime & dust. Followed by a dedicated full snow foam.

All panel gaps, light recesses, vents & badges where clean. Prior to being rinsed off and followed up with a 2 Bucket method wash. The car then was de tarred and Iron X was used to remove any fallout, prior to a further hand wash to remove all residue.

The cars body work was then clay bared and then wiped down with spies hecker panel wipe. All wheels where removed and the car placed on 4 heavy duty axle stands. I was very apparent that this has been the first time the Focus had been clayed since new & great care and attention, as we as frequent folding and changing of the clay would be required. While the wheels where taken outside once more to be cleaned and prepared for the sealant.

The wheels where first treated with smartwheels and worked over with various brushes. De tarred with Tardis and then as with the cars body work Iron X was used to remove ant metal fallout.

They were then brought in doors and blown dry. Prior to being given a panel wipe down. And sealed with CquartzUK version. Once completed the wheels where moved to a safe area to be stored for a day or so.

Few items that would be required within this detail.

Old a weathered wheel nuts, as well as the centre wheel covers which were to be replaced..

All wheel brake callipers where firstly brushed over with a wire brush. Prior to being rubbed with emery paper. This was to remove any loose or flaky rust or paint. The brake hubs where also treated to the same processes, prior to the first coat of black primer. The hubs where then treated to 3 coats of Hi heat resistant satin black paint and the callipers with yellow. Once left to dry over night the RS stickers where added and lacquered over again with heat resistant clear.

All arches where dressed and the wheels refitted to the correct torque setting. With a further replacement part.

I moved on to the engine bay. It was treated with steam and various APCs and de greasers to aid cleaning. Once completed the full engine bay was treated with Carpro Perl at 3 to 1.

Couple of before and after or the engine bay.

Moving on to the paint work and general assessment. Due to the prior viewing I knew this car was in reasonable condition. With a few deeper and more intrusive defects that would require addressing. From a personal point of view and our working within certain standard I personally will not apply a long term glass coating to cars that have not had what is deemed a correction detail. To fully address any issues within the paint. As these will be magnified and more noticeable once coated. A few test sets where carried out and I settled on Menz PF2100 on a green hex. This would then be followed up with FF4500 on a blue 3M, with extended work times.
Defects present before and after
O/S Wing

O/S Door

O/S 3/4 Panel

Hatch

N/S 3/4 Panel

N/S Door

N/S Wing

Bonnet

Few general work shots. Before & After.

Once all machine polishing was completed the full exterior paint work was wiped down with eraser, glass cleaned and external trims cleaned and sealed. Exhaust pipes clean & Polish Angel Vikingshield applied to the external wheel faces and left to cure.
I moved on to the last Modification to be fitted. Prior to applying the owners chosen LSP.

Products of choice

The cars exterior was given a final wipe down with Spies Hecker and inspected prior to CquartzUk being applied to all exterior paint work. All work was carried out with Carpro's guideline and as part of Defined Details Carpro Finest accreditation scheme. Once the first layer was cured and removed. A second coat was applied within the correct time scale to aid cross bonding to the first layer.
It was left to cure for a 24Hrs period to offer the coating a wipe over with Reload. Few after shots late in the evening and Cquartz curing.

Following day the Focus was treated to a coat of reload and instruction was given to the owner not to use chemicals or hand wash for a certain period after application. This gives the coating every chance of fully curing and becoming chemical resistant.
Once again thank you for taking the time to read this post and look forward to any question you many have. I will leave you with a few after shots all taken with defused natural lighting through the skylights.
Gordon.

And as she was leaving.

See less See more
#28 ·
I remarked in another thread that questioned the use of a phone as opposed to a camera and stated that I thought composition was more important, these photos are very good indeed but it's the imaginative creativity that makes a thread like this stand out from the crowd.:thumb:

#38 ·
Stunning Gordon. So nice to see another thread from you! Like going back in time. :( Hope you're well.

Gloss levels are insane. One thing though, the pictures have not come out well. Are you using Photobucket? It's easy but Flickr will really help you get the best from them. Small thing I know. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.