Detailing World Forum banner

Defined Details - Open Heart Surgery to save a Family Vehicle - Polish Angel

24K views 38 replies 39 participants last post by  ITSonlyREECE 
#1 · (Edited)
Defined Details - Open Heart Surgery to save a Family Vehicle - Polish Angel

The Home of Vehicle Perfection.

Email: info.defineddetails@gmail.com | Tel: 07817 224 869.
www.defined-details.co.uk

Hope you are sitting comfortably and have a nice Cuppa by your side.

Welcome to another detailing installment. Well almost. It is not what you would call a general run of the mill paint correction detail. The owner of this car as never hear of detailing nor does she care. All that matters is the car is cleaned and tidy by what ever means is at the families disposal. It may seam strange to those that visit the forum. But as we all now detailing out in the general populations is a relatively unknown.

The car lives it live commuting to and from work and acting as a family car on days off. I have no doubt this would have continued even after the work under taken. So now you have a general idea as to how it is used. We can move on to the reasons behind the following work.

Rolling back to August and the fine weather we were treated to the owner of the car decided it was a lovely day and she would take the kids off out and have a relaxing day. Her husband was busy cutting the grass and also generally enjoying the weather also. Once he finished off the garden. And as the kids and his wife was not due back for a few hour. He decided it was far to nice to spend the time indoors. The car could do with a wash and after all it would be a surprise for his good ladies return. Unfortunately he could not fined the wash buckets and sponge. But already had set his mind on the job at hand and set up the hose and the like. Not wish it all to be in vain. He went into the kitchen and got the basin added the good old fairy liquid and grabbed a new green pot sourer from under the sink. ( Yes I feel your pain when reading this also. But as he later found out this may have been a very bad idea). He processed to wash the family car and working around as he done so. But unfortunately was rather shocked and dismayed, as the car dried out after rinsing off the wash solution. This will become apparent to you as to what he saw in the picture below. The owner of the car had visited the bodyshop across from our unit to get a quote and get her cars fixed. But Iain the owner of the paint shop. Had asked me to view the car and see if there was anything I could do to save the car and improve its looks. But without is costing the owner a full respray. After carrying out a visual inspection whist taking paint readings (Which were standard for a Korean car). I to new the car was never going to be perfect. The marks where to intrusive and every area was effected. Wheels plastic trims and every inch of the cars paintwork. I asked the owner if she could pull across my doors to I conduct a manual paint assessment. This will be see in some of the shots later. Working in a methodical fashion. Light working up through the cuts of the pads and polished. To I got to a level of removal that I could not safely go beyond and generally further than I would normally go. Most of the marks where gone although there were still residue rounded over RDS present. I pointed these out to the owner. But she could not see or care, as the car was far better than it presently is and if I could achieve these results on the rest of the car she would be over the moon. I also mentioned the possible long term damage this sort of correction would have on her car. But as she mentioned she could not live with it in this sort of condition anyway. Pricing agreed and dates were booked for the school holidays in October. And her passing remarks where. I will head off and inform my loving husband that. It may be expensive. But much cheaper than a new car or a divorce. :lol:

Skipping on through the wash and decontamination stage. Which was not much as most of the contaminated had been physically removed with the scouring pad. Here are a few panels with defects present.

Short video showing the level of damage created with a Green Pot scouring pad.

DefinedDetails by defined.details, on Flickr

And close up

Unfortunately there was areas that could only be dressed and mask to an extent. Back vinyl trim,

From my previous test set I carried out a good few weeks ago. I know this car would require a minimum of 2 cutting sets with closed cell cutting pads, followed up with a medium polishing set. To remove some of the damage the correction sets had left. But also address the marks once more and reduce these as I was going. This would then require a dedicated finishing set to restore the gloss and clarity. This was all carried out in a methodical manner monitoring the paint heavily at every stage and taking notes of any finer spots that maybe developing.

Correction work under way and moving around the car as I went. At this stage there was no finishing sets carried out.
Bonnet

defineddetails.P1730589 by defined.details, on Flickr

defineddetails.P1730595 by defined.details, on Flickr

defineddetails.P1730599 by defined.details, on Flickr

Restoring the colour.

Not perfect. But much improved as can be seen in the photo.

Short video showing the level of correction achieved.

The full car was the wiped down with Spies Heker. To verify the correction. Prior to a further wipe down after the finishing set. Wheels where sealed with FK 1000P, Tyres dressed with Maxolen tyre and rubber prep, Trims dressed and protected with Maxolen W4 and paint work protected with Polish Angel Famous.

Once again Thank you for reading this post and if you have made it this far congratulation and you deserve a cuppa :lol: I will leave you with some shots of the finished car.

Short video after Polish Angel Famous has been applied and the Rio is complete.

DefinedDetails - P1730808 by defined.details, on Flickr

DefinedDetails - P1730774

The End. And Please no more scouring pads this year. :lol:​

See less See more
3 66
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.