Detailing World Forum banner

Defined Details - Audi TT S Line *Cquartz Finest *

30K views 49 replies 45 participants last post by  CJohnson 
#1 ·
Defined Details - Audi TT S Line *Cquartz Finest *

Please feel free to keep up with our most resent work on
The owner of the TT had previously attended one of our polishing classes held in Glasgow and had participated with the intensions of correction his TT. Once on the class he then realized that paint correction takes time to carry it out safely. Monitoring the paint, carrying out repetitive sets and working the products to get the utmost best from them.
A few weeks pasted and he then had made the decision that he could not dedicated the time required and was looking to have is TT booked in. The car in question covers a fair few miles and his responsibilities are to visit future and existing clients within his business. He then decided that he would like to conserve the look of the car once detailed and have a vehicle that would essentially require less up keep and maintenance. So he opted for Cquartz Finest to be applied after correction.

Audi on arrival. It was in a reasonable condition. Slight brake dust on the wheels and a light layer of grim over the cars surface.

Tyres and arches where treated with a degreaser to aid the breakdown of grim present. Wheels treated first with Smartwheels and then followed up with Iron X to break down ant iron deposits present. Prior to being rinsed clean. Full car reserved 2 snow foam and rinses. One thin to remove heavy deposits and one thick to dwell longer and remove the traffic film. Prior to being 2 bucketed as norm. Once rinsed off the wheels and vehicle was treated with tardis and the followed up with a quick shampoo wash once more.
At this point the TT was brought into the unit to be clayed and dried off with compressed air. Prior to assessing the paint work.
Defects present & After correction.

As you can see most of the defects present where light on the upper part of the car. But the lowers require a few repetitive sets of S17+ on a Orange scholl pad. It is imperative for me while detailing a clients car to use the correct pad & polish to safely remove the defects present whilst minimising the clearcoat removal. This can take much longer to achieve the finish I wish but safe guards the long term outlook of the vehicle in question. Once I was happy with the level of correction the car was refined with PO85RD on 3M Blue. The whole car was grey in colour and lacking that black vibrant gloss associated with Phantom Black.
Random Picture showing the improvement in colour and gloss

Once the polishing was complete it was time to get the car rinsed down and dried off once more, Prior to 1 IPA wipe down followed with an eraser wipe down. I use IPA first to dissolve and lift most of the oils and any possible filling. Then use the eraser to safe Guard the paint is squeaky clean and ready for the coating. Once rechecked under lighting.
It was then time to check air temperature, Panel temp and Humidity to see where dew point was and how much of a window I had to get the coating to cure. Temperature and humidity is important will all coatings as these rely on out gassing similar to any wax or sealant. But unlike these other types of products. A swipe test cannot be carried out without leaving a mark in the coating.

Looking good as there is less than 1 C of a difference between air and panel temps and almost 6c above dew point.
All glass was cleaned down, Window rubbers sealed with SV seal feed. And trims dressed and protected with Dlux as where the wheels as part of this detail. Tyres dressed and protected with espuma RD50. Arches dressed with 3D Ultra protectant. All prior to Cquartz Finest being applied.
I will leave you with the after shots. Indoors I am afraid as Finest must stay dry after application for a minimum of 24Hrs. It is also recommended that no chemicals or any contact washing is done for the next 7 days after application, to fully let the coating cure and harden.

See less See more
#22 ·
Thanks Rasky. Looking forward to seeing the finished article. Mind post up a few picture once completed. :thumb:
The IR lamps certainly make a big difference when you look at the full picture, even down to total hardness.

awesome work my man is this been wetsanded
Thank for you comments. But no this one did not require any sanding work.

Nuff said.

Hope your well btw Gordon:thumb:
Yes m8 fine. Just been rushed off my feet once more. But guess I should not complain either. Take care Scott and we will have a chat soon. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.