Detailing World Forum banner

Ducati 1199 Panigale S (Polish Angel) - Defined Details

25K views 35 replies 32 participants last post by  chunkytfg 
#1 · (Edited)
Ducati 1199 Panigale S (Polish Angel) - Defined Details.

The Home of Vehicle Perfection.

Email:- info.defineddetails@gmail.com | Tel:- 07817 224 869.

After detailing the owners VW Amarok.

He contacted me to inform me he had purchased a rather special bike and since he has only had a few opportunities to use it. Was planning on putting in into Winter hibernation & wished it to be cleaned and protected as it would be stored indoors over this period. He also was more than happy with the way master sealant had performed on his daily runner and opted for the same treatment.
The bike arrived very clean within its own box trailer on the day of the detail as arranged. And we discuss what areas he would like attended to and address.
Generally a total clean and remove any grim from within the nocks and crannies. Steam and a variety of tool would be required.

The protective film was also to be removed to address a few light scuffs on the tank and then replace with a new section of film.

General light scuffed sections on the tank and rear gel coated section.

The full bike was given a full steam clean, including all the hidden and hard to reach areas. All external painted surfaces and Gelcoat was clayed to remove any bonded contamination. Prior to being blown dry.

After viewing the defects and confirming that the paint and gelcoat was very soft. I made the decision to use Esclate Lotion as a paint cleanser and to remove the defects present. This would have an added benefit as Master sealant was the chosen LSP on this detail.

The whole exterior and painted as well as the gelcoated areas where then treated to the first layer of master sealant and left to cure. Whist I dressed the hard plastic areas with the first coat of Carpro Perl. Once buffed off and left for the dedicated time for proper curing. The application of the second layer of master to be applied and buffed as before. Wheels where also treated and sealed in the same manner.
Once again Thank you for taking the time to read this post and hope you enjoyed reading and viewing as I did working on this beautiful bike.
Gordon.

See less See more
1 36
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.