Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 23-12-2016, 12:23 AM   #11
Luke M
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,494 Times in 856 Posts
If you want to talk ease of use with a cracking reflective finish look at In2detailing. Specifically Gary Dean's Vitality Shield.
They sell it in sample size and a little goes a hell of a long way.
Luke M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #12
Jehanzeb
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleslie View Post
If you want total ease of use, put a couple of coats of C2V3 on then keep the protection topped up with Gyeon Wet Coat every few washes. Especially suited to this time of year.
Good evening cleslie,

With regards to C2V3 how do you buff it after the spray? I tried to used it before but since it's a water spray form, do you wait for the drops to dry or do you spray and wipe off right away? And I find you wipe it, do you use high gsm buffing cloth or drying cloth?

Many thanks

Kindest regards

J.
Jehanzeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 10:48 PM   #13
cleslie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2617 View Post
Hi Cleslie, thanks. That may be a route I might go down. I'm debating also either going for a very durable wax (like soft99 fusso 12 months or Collie 845) as a base coat and then a really nice finishing wax to go over the top for extra depth and gloss or going down the route of a good long lasting sealant and then a finishing wax that doesn't have to be as durable.
That would work well. It's always been popular to put something long lasting down (used to be the domain of sealants but waxes are getting there now too) followed by a less durable but better finishing wax.
cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 10:51 PM   #14
cleslie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehanzeb View Post
Good evening cleslie,

With regards to C2V3 how do you buff it after the spray? I tried to used it before but since it's a water spray form, do you wait for the drops to dry or do you spray and wipe off right away? And I find you wipe it, do you use high gsm buffing cloth or drying cloth?

Many thanks

Kindest regards

J.
Mist a panel and wipe on with one mf then wipe off with anothe mf. It's as easy as a quick deatailer to use. You don't wait for it to dry or anything like that. Shorter pile buffing is best.
cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cleslie For This Useful Post:
Jehanzeb (27-12-2016)
Old 27-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #15
fozzy
DW Reviewer

Thanked 1,029 Times in 760 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Not used my pot yet but Wowos Contact 121 hybrid wax ticks all your boxes, and you can get the very highly recommended Wowos Quick Detailer to.keep it topped up.
I still really don't know how to categorise Contact 121 but it is a fantastic product that gives loads of long term protection.
fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #16
Jamesrt2004
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSCLIOCUP View Post
Hi Phil also look at wolfgang deep gloss sealant and blackfire afpp sealant
I used the Wolfgang sealant back in around may when I picked up my new car. It's a great product, lasts a long time on the car, looks good and is easy to use.

Also you use such a small amount over the car (small car though, fiesta st3) the bottle will last years.

Thumbs up from me!
Jamesrt2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #17
bigman1976
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Not used my pot yet but Wowos Contact 121 hybrid wax ticks all your boxes, and you can get the very highly recommended Wowos Quick Detailer to.keep it topped up.
I have used this combo on my car and it's amazing! Very glassy finish and obscene beading. Put one layer of wax on with a layer of the QD and it's still beading well 4 weeks later. Highly recommended.

Enjoy the new car!
bigman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote