Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 14-04-2015, 07:22 PM   #1
Dannbodge
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Individual BMW E90 335i

I previously had a 1998 E36 328i sport in Techno violet which was in a very good condition and had a lot of money spent on it including upgrades such as Bilstein B8 shocks and Eibach pro springs, M3 3.15 LSD, K&N gen2 air filter kit, M3 backbox, BBS split rims and fully polybushed suspension/running gear.

Couple of pictures of the 328i:

However it was old, the ride was hard and noisy and my OH never liked it. I had also got used to the power (the noise was incredible though) and had my heart set on getting an E91 LCI 335i. AFter only seeing a few manual 335is in E91 LCI form I lowered my expectation to an E90 LCI.

I had planned on waiting till May but an offer came up for my E36 and I found a 335i that had an incredible spec.

I couldn't turn down the offer for the E36 and I couldn't let such a fully loaded E90 go.

So I sold the E36 and bought the E90. I have no plans for the E90 except new number plate holders, black grills and a splitter, maybe a gearknob and update the sat nav to 2014 maps. I might eventually get some different wheels but nothing major or performance wise.

The E90 had a list price of about £50k when new and has a great service history behind it. It's had 2 HPFPs on BMW warranty and 2 new turbo actuators, however the waste rattle is still there (minor annoyance but I'll get it done on BMW warranty).

The car is Individual Azurite Black with Individual Syrah Blue Merino Leather interior and has things like active cruise, adaptive xenon headlights, Professional Nav, Individual Sound system, Individual sunshade glazing (tinted windows), Fully electric towbar, front and rear PDC, high beam assist, all the rear windows have sunshades (rear window is electric sunshade), fully electric seats with full lumbar support, Individual Piano Black trim, Sunroof, Extended luggage storage, climate comfort windscreen and brake energy regeneration. Although the main bonus for me was the fold down rear seats.

It needs a bloody good clean and polish as it's been sitting for a few months getting washed with a broom and covered in seagull ****.

Since buying it I've done the "Golf Tee" mod, updated maps the to 2014 and bought new number plate holders.

So here you go. The only pictures I have are from the advert:

Bought some new Plate holders and fitted them earlier also gave it a polish and wax ( Prima Amigo followed by 2 coats of Fusso Dark) Also cleaned the leather using the Gliptone products and updated the sat nav to 2014 maps.

Bought some new angel eye bulbs (LED) and fitted them:

Took all the Piano Black interior trim at the weekend and polished it.
I used menz 203s on a yellow 3m pad followed by 85re on a blue pad both by rotary

Also bought some proper black kidney grills for a bargain price of £10 which will be fitted soon (friday)

Need to sort the headlight washers as I have lost about 5L of Screenwash in about 3 weeks.

It also need machine polishing and the exhaust tips doing properly.

Last edited by Dannbodge; 17-04-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Dannbodge is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dannbodge For This Useful Post:
c16rkc (07-10-2015), johny555ive (28-04-2016), onks (16-04-2015), slim_boy_fat (14-04-2015), VIPER (23-03-2017)
Old 14-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,718 Times in 4,257 Posts
Looks tidy. Very underrated cars.

After years of owning one, I can say that firsthand.
Kerr is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
Dannbodge (14-04-2015)
Old 14-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #3
Prestige car care shop
Forum Sponsor

Thanked 1,570 Times in 959 Posts
Looks like a very nice example

10% Discount code - DW10
www.prestigecarcareshop.com
*Facebook*
*Instagram*
*Twitter*
Prestige car care shop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prestige car care shop For This Useful Post:
Dannbodge (15-04-2015)
Old 15-04-2015, 08:25 AM   #4
R30
PC Perfectionist

Looks stunning, never seen that leather colour interior before. Top job on the clean up.

What's a golf tee mod?
R30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R30 For This Useful Post:
Dannbodge (15-04-2015)
Old 15-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #5
Dannbodge

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R30 View Post
Looks stunning, never seen that leather colour interior before. Top job on the clean up.

What's a golf tee mod?
There's a vacuum controlled flap in the second tailpipe which closes below 3500rpm to keep noise down.
You disconnect the pipe and stick a golf tee in it and the flap stays open which makes the idle and cold start much louder and a better sound.
Old 15-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
JBirchy
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,868 Posts
Garage
That is utterly stunning pal (as was your E36!). Congrats. Beautiful car.
JBirchy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JBirchy For This Useful Post:
Dannbodge (15-04-2015)
Old 15-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
Dannbodge

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBirchy View Post
That is utterly stunning pal (as was your E36!). Congrats. Beautiful car.
Thanks
I do miss my E36 Tbh. It sounded amazing and drove so well but the speed and comfort of this is on another level
The Following User Says Thank You to Dannbodge For This Useful Post:
JBirchy (15-04-2015)
Old 15-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #8
loudchris53
Sponge Jockey

Lovely e90, i remember when that one came up for sale i was envious and hoped an enthusiast would get their hands on it! How did you polish the trim (polish/pad) as i have wood in mine that is scratched and don't know what to use on it?

Have you considered doing any coding? i have a 58 plate lci and have done some pretty cool things and bought the drive more upto date with a few mods the cable and software was one of the best investments i made! Is the active cruise any good on the e90, its the one thing mine doesn't have?

Chris
loudchris53 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to loudchris53 For This Useful Post:
Dannbodge (17-04-2015)
Old 15-04-2015, 08:51 PM   #9
Dannbodge

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudchris53 View Post
Lovely e90, i remember when that one came up for sale i was envious and hoped an enthusiast would get their hands on it! How did you polish the trim (polish/pad) as i have wood in mine that is scratched and don't know what to use on it?

Have you considered doing any coding? i have a 58 plate lci and have done some pretty cool things and bought the drive more upto date with a few mods the cable and software was one of the best investments i made! Is the active cruise any good on the e90, its the one thing mine doesn't have?

Chris
The polish and pad combo should be below or above the pictures in the post.

The active cruise is good. I haven't used it loads but it does a good job following the car in front.

I have yes. I am going to buy a cable and do some (i want it to beep on lock unlock) but as its aleady got a lot of options coded in already (power mirrors, digital Speedo etc) there won't be much for me to change
Old 15-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #10
loudchris53
Sponge Jockey

Oh Sorry! didn't see that. Yeah i mean things like mirror fold on door lock, satellite maps on the sat nav and ofc the beep on unlock will be stuff you can do on yours as it has all the kit. I see you also have the individual hifi what do you think of it?

I am just piecing together m3 suspension components to put onto mine (control arms) to give it a bit sharper turn in but they are lovely to drive and so planted. You will only grow more in love with it!
loudchris53 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to loudchris53 For This Useful Post:
Dannbodge (17-04-2015)