Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > CarPro-Cquartz
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
Danjc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Danjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,037
Thanks: 597
Thanked 670 Times in 377 Posts
Garage
Gliss questions

I’m very much considering Gliss due to it seeming very easy to use. My car is currently wearing CSL which was applied around 19 months ago and there top coat Exo which was applied 12 months ago but has all but now faded.
After the obligatory decon I was going to go with Essence but you advise against this but on a Facebook page sort of say it’s ok ?



Can you clarify this please.
I’m assuming that I can apply outside if the conditions are right and done in the shade etc.
Once the bottle is opened how long roughly is the product still good for if stored in cool dark conditions.
Cheers, Dan.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Danjc; 12-02-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
gibee
Washmitt Meister
 
gibee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 188
Thanks: 62
Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Essence will abrade the CSL, and has fillers. If you want to go that route to mask minor swirls, you could use a finishing pad to keep essence's cutting power to a minimum.

It's a tricky one, as all ceramics assume that the paint will be polished first, and top coats are normally applied within a short time frame. Likely they will say you will have to start again and polish off the CSL.

How good is the paint at the moment?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
gibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
Danjc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Danjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,037
Thanks: 597
Thanked 670 Times in 377 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibee View Post
Essence will abrade the CSL, and has fillers. If you want to go that route to mask minor swirls, you could use a finishing pad to keep essence's cutting power to a minimum.

It's a tricky one, as all ceramics assume that the paint will be polished first, and top coats are normally applied within a short time frame. Likely they will say you will have to start again and polish off the CSL.

How good is the paint at the moment?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


The paint is in good shape, I was planning on using a Gloss pad to just enhance gloss levels and at the same time help mask the odd imperfection I have.
Not sure I will have to remove CSL though.

Last edited by Danjc; 12-02-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #4
chongo
"Professor"
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 7,660
Thanks: 5,806
Thanked 4,700 Times in 2,856 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjc View Post
The paint is in good shape, I was planning on using a Gloss pad to just enhance gloss levels and at the same time help mask the odd imperfection I have.
Not sure I will have to remove CSL though.
Why not give it a light decon then use Essence plus on a gloss pad

It is designed for this
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
Danjc (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
Danjc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Danjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,037
Thanks: 597
Thanked 670 Times in 377 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Why not give it a light decon then use Essence plus on a gloss pad

It is designed for this
Cheers Mick I thought this and have plus as well but would like a hydrophobic coating back on as well and thought plus was intended with nothing on top. Confused now

Last edited by Danjc; 12-02-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Danjc For This Useful Post:
chongo (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #6
gibee
Washmitt Meister
 
gibee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 188
Thanks: 62
Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjc View Post
Cheers Mick I thought this and have plus as well but would like a hydrophobic coating back on as well and thought plus was intended with nothing on top. Confused now
I was thinking the same mate, essence under and essence plus over. All very confusing!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
gibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #7
Danjc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Danjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,037
Thanks: 597
Thanked 670 Times in 377 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibee View Post
I was thinking the same mate, essence under and essence plus over. All very confusing!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I reckon Mick means go with plus on its own.
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Danjc For This Useful Post:
chongo (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #8
gibee
Washmitt Meister
 
gibee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 188
Thanks: 62
Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjc View Post
I reckon Mick means go with plus on its own.
Ah missed that one, thought it was plus then gliss

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
gibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #9
matt525d
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
If Exo has all but failed then wash with a potent shampoo like Carpro Reset @ 1-500. Then decon with fallout and tar remover
Apply gliss
matt525d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matt525d For This Useful Post:
Danjc (13-02-2018)
Old 13-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #10
Danjc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Danjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,037
Thanks: 597
Thanked 670 Times in 377 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt525d View Post
If Exo has all but failed then wash with a potent shampoo like Carpro Reset @ 1-500. Then decon with fallout and tar remover
Apply gliss
Just recently gave it a good decon in an attempt to possibly revive the coating so another strong wash and I’m good to go. Just trying to chase a little more gloss before I apply Gliss but will probably just go with Gliss.
Just need some warmer weather now !
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Danjc For This Useful Post:
HairyMonster (09-03-2018)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors