Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Waxstock > Waxstock 2018 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry July 22nd 2018)
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxstock 2018 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry July 22nd 2018) Car Care Show - Detailing Festival - Valeting Expo - Test products - Show and Shine and loads more .

Old 28-07-2016, 06:07 AM   #31
Power Maxed
Dw Sponsor

We had a very good day, our first Waxstock as a exhibitor and won't be the last.
Power Maxed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Power Maxed For This Useful Post:
Waxstock (28-07-2016)
Old 28-07-2016, 04:44 PM   #32
Waxstock
Waxstock Manager

Thanked 2,036 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgreen View Post
Back home after Waxstock. Another great year - really nice to catch up wth all the usual suspects in real life as always and meet some new people. As always, some great deals to be had so ended up buying quite a bit (though was a bit more restrained than normal).

Having the additional hall space, the stage and more cars inside were all positive improvements. Hope next year retains the same hall size and format.

Next year - getting a hotel again, early drive up this morning and 200miles of driving in a day was not huge fun.

Have many pics of cars to post. I'll start getting them up tomorrow once I've edited them and uploaded to Flickr.

Thanks for organising another great show.
Cheers
Chris

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.
We made sure you could read the show map this year as well
Waxstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #33
Waxstock
Waxstock Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
Enjoyed seeing friends etc but did find once again the show to drag after lunch, results need doing sooner imo, I know the idea at the minute is to try do them late and get people to hang around but it just doesn't work. Ended up a ghost town after 1pm anyway

Was surprised by the top 3 tbh, were some better cars among them imo and some pretty big mistakes on some of the top 3

Oh and who's was the Clio in top 16? Top job from the cheapest car in the room, a credit to the owner
We can't bring the results any closer than 3.30pm due to judging. The judging of 16 showdown cars with 5 judges and multi-page forms means we can only do justice to those cars by having many hours of judging and about an hour of calculating the results. 150 Arrive and Shine cars with 3 judges also means a lot of marks need adding up and this takes time. From close of judging, to marking, to stage... it is literally a race to get the results ready for 3.30pm.

Regarding Top 3 Showdown, we use five judges, all independent and very experienced/knowledgable. We have a very fair and sophisticated scoring system that takes into account age, mileage, daily driver etc and top and bottom marks from each judge are discounted to avoid bias. You are entirely entitled to disagree with the result; the judges are only human after all and judging is still based on opinion. However, we would ask all who question the judges' efforts to spend as long inspecting the vehicles as they do. And indeed, often the judges have access to more of the car than visitors do, so maybe they spotted something you missed and were impressed by it (or conversely spotted something with the other cars that marked them down). It isn't quick or easy being a Showdown judge...
Old 28-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #34
bigalc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Are there any spare waxstock guides going, still never been due to work.
Maybe next year and by the look of it i better start saving.
Alan
bigalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 06:28 PM   #35
Mikej857
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,182 Times in 755 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalc View Post
Alan
I remember having one for the first 5 minutes but have no idea where it went I can't find it for the life of me
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #36
Waxstock
Waxstock Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalc View Post
Alan
Pro-valets (www.pro-valets.co.uk) have spare ones available for a nominal sum, if I remember correctly. PVD published and printed the show guide for Waxstock.