Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Traders > Clean and Shiny
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clean and Shiny Detailing Products and Bespoke Detailing Services - GTechniq Accredited - Walk in Customers Welcome. Call us on 0330 22 33 777 www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

Products Available By: 3M - Angelwax - Auto Finesse - Bilthamber - Black Mamba - Britemax - California Scents - Chemical Guys - Collinite - Colourlock - Detail Factory - Dooka - Dodo Juice - EZ - Flex - Flexipads - Gtechniq - Grit Guard - Gyeon - Koch Chemie - Kwazar - Meguiars Pro/Consumer/Detailer Range - Microfiber Madness - Orchard Autocare - Renovo - Rupes - Scratch Shield - Snow Foam Lances - Scholl Concepts - Solution Finish - Spies Hecker - Stoner - Valet Pro - Wheel Woolies - WoWo's - Zaino.

Closed Thread

Old 18-05-2017, 08:08 PM   #21
ammo-mcr
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
The 3401 is a current product; what do you mean about 'old'? It's not being replaced with anything new anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i have heard theres a new flex that will be replacing the 3401 its called
Flex XCE 9-8 150

its already released in usa but i cant seem to find it here in uk
Old 18-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #22
ammo-mcr
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpikle View Post
nothing changing on the 3401 unless they were keeping it very close to their chest. The German Flex guy was there this week and was quite open with me about who made their pads and polishes and what new machines were on the way, but there was never even a hint that the 3401 was up for any changes.

Detailing is only about 20% of Flex business, and the rest is stone, metal and construction suff, where heavy duty kit is what they need.
in usa they claim the new xce is 3401 replacement here some details on the new machine
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...9-8-150-a.html
Old 18-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #23
ammo-mcr
Washmitt Meister

i have contacted flex uk and they are not replying back to my email on where can i buy this from in uk.... one guy thinks its only being made for the us market
Old 18-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #24
tosh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo-mcr View Post
in usa they claim the new xce is 3401 replacement here some details on the new machine

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...9-8-150-a.html

Good find; deserves a new thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to tosh For This Useful Post:
ammo-mcr (21-05-2017)
Old 19-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #25
Clean and Shiny
Approved Trader

Quote:
i have contacted flex uk and they are not replying back to my email on where can i buy this from in uk.... one guy thinks its only being made for the us market
I am waiting for Flex to come back to me on a couple of other things, I will add this to the list.

We are hoping to have more XFE's in the next week, when we know more we will post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clean and Shiny For This Useful Post:
ammo-mcr (21-05-2017)
Old 26-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #26
ammo-mcr
Washmitt Meister

am actually put of this xfe as few pro detailers have reported it still bogs down and many prefer and recommend the 3401 and plus the price has increased £30 from 2 weeks ago!!!!! how cheeky brexit and price increase has already happened and raped us but this additional price hike is unfair when its only a "finisher" and the big brother 3401 is cheaper at £295 and rupes mk2 is similar price to this xfe!!!!
i think xce will be the one so might get a 3401 in the mean time

Last edited by ammo-mcr; 26-05-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 26-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #27
daimler_jag
Unwashed Member

Quote:
am actually put of this xfe as few pro detailers have reported it still bogs down and many prefer and recommend the 3401 and plus the price has increased £30 from 2 weeks ago!!!!! how cheeky brexit and price increase has already happened and raped us but this additional price hike is unfair when its only a "finisher" and the big brother 3401 is cheaper at £295 and rupes mk2 is similar price to this xfe!!!!
i think xce will be the one so might get a 3401 in the mean time
I agree 3401 is a brilliant machine and its my go to polisher!
i saw the XFE for £309.99 for the past month at clean shiny but now showing up at £339 they must of put the price in wrong lets hope they correct it soon
Old 27-05-2017, 02:06 AM   #28
tosh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimler_jag View Post
I agree 3401 is a brilliant machine and its my go to polisher!
i saw the XFE for £309.99 for the past month at clean shiny but now showing up at £339 they must of put the price in wrong lets hope they correct it soon
To be fair, I think that original price was optimistic - other resellers are selling at 349 with no discount; direct from Germany in Euros works out to around 340 as well*.

Still interested, as it has a longer warranty and will be built better (more consistent) than the competition.

*I'm sure someone will find someone selling it cheaper, no doubt.
Old 27-05-2017, 04:50 AM   #29
daimler_jag
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
To be fair, I think that original price was optimistic - other resellers are selling at 349 with no discount; direct from Germany in Euros works out to around 340 as well*.

Still interested, as it has a longer warranty and will be built better (more consistent) than the competition.

*I'm sure someone will find someone selling it cheaper, no doubt.
IMHO the XFE should be less than £300 because its a just a finishing tool and not really built like the 3401 to cut + polish + finish and like ammo said you can buy the bigger brother 3401 for £295 new from clean your car and your getting the top of the range beast plus 2 years warranty. spending more than £300 you'd expect to flawlessly do all 3 which this XFE doesn't, also selling this XFE for more than the superior model is only going to bring negative reviews/refunds especially when the price was £30 cheaper few weeks ago and now priced similar to the much sort after Rupes mk2.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #30
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,794 Times in 2,919 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimler_jag View Post
IMHO the XFE should be less than £300 because its a just a finishing tool and not really built like the 3401 to cut + polish + finish and like ammo said you can buy the bigger brother 3401 for £295 new from clean your car and your getting the top of the range beast plus 2 years warranty. spending more than £300 you'd expect to flawlessly do all 3 which this XFE doesn't, also selling this XFE for more than the superior model is only going to bring negative reviews/refunds especially when the price was £30 cheaper few weeks ago and now priced similar to the much sort after Rupes mk2.
Have you tried the mk2? It's still got problems

And who says it's just a finishing machine polisher, I think before you start assuming about this new polisher from renown flex that you should buy it and then put your review up so we could all see

This new polisher will do all three stages but probably doesn't have the power like the 3401 which I have, but will out perform the new mk2 15mm Rupes which I have when they come back in stock and people start buying them (like me) you will probably find a large number saying this s a 100 times better than the Rupes
Closed Thread