Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Traders > Clean and Shiny
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clean and Shiny Detailing Products and Bespoke Detailing Services - GTechniq Accredited - Walk in Customers Welcome. Call us on 0330 22 33 777 www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

Products Available By: 3M - Angelwax - Auto Finesse - Bilthamber - Black Mamba - Britemax - California Scents - Chemical Guys - Collinite - Colourlock - Detail Factory - Dooka - Dodo Juice - EZ - Flex - Flexipads - Gtechniq - Grit Guard - Gyeon - Koch Chemie - Kwazar - Meguiars Pro/Consumer/Detailer Range - Microfiber Madness - Orchard Autocare - Renovo - Rupes - Scratch Shield - Snow Foam Lances - Scholl Concepts - Solution Finish - Spies Hecker - Stoner - Valet Pro - Wheel Woolies - WoWo's - Zaino.

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #31
Summit Detailing
DW Supporter

Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,218 Posts
Just placed my order, will be using everyday and keep my mk2 15 Rupes as a backup machine.

cheers

Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to Summit Detailing For This Useful Post:
chongo (27-05-2017)
Old 27-05-2017, 04:23 PM   #32
daimler_jag
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Have you tried the mk2? It's still got problems

And who says it's just a finishing machine polisher, I think before you start assuming about this new polisher from renown flex that you should buy it and then put your review up so we could all see

This new polisher will do all three stages but probably doesn't have the power like the 3401 which I have, but will out perform the new mk2 15mm Rupes which I have when they come back in stock and people start buying them (like me) you will probably find a large number saying this s a 100 times better than the Rupes
First off Flex say its a finisher and I haven't tried the MK2 personally but most of the detailers i know and many on other forums can vouch for it and because its a big seller there are thousands of happy customer who don't have problems but like with anything that sells well there more tools out there compared to other manufacturer like FLEX DAS etc so the chances of some with problems is inevitable also i have read the XFE had recalled theres machines which they have now fixed but it hasn't been out long enough to see if theres any other issues and Rupes too are also working on there machines that have faults.

Detailers i know have tried both XFE and MK2 say Rupes is better with more torque and cutting ability. They said the XFE slows down and bogs on slightly curved panels and its awful on hard paint like audi bmw to cut & polish paint compared to the Rupes or 3401.

For something that is not superior to 3401 and isn't a flagship model within Flex why the hell does it cost more and why has Clean & Shiny increased the price a further £30 from few weeks ago!!! If it was cheaper £250-£300 i won't mind one in my arsenal but putting it up there with the big boys was a wrong move!!
only time will tell and pinch them in the buttocks

I am actually looking forward to getting my hands on the Flex XCE when it comes out because thats sounds like a winner .
Old 27-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #33
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,739 Times in 2,880 Posts
Garage
Rupes are not working or even sorting out any the problems people are having, if it breaks then if it's still under warranty then they or the seller will sort it out. The new flex is just a name that mike Phillips gave to it but if you read it can still perform the same way as the Rupes.

As for clean & shiny they probably uped the price because UF had it on for 30 pounds more.

Looking forward to see the new flex when mike Phillips puts up his review soon
Old 27-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #34
Clean and Shiny
Approved Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Rupes are not working or even sorting out any the problems people are having, if it breaks then if it's still under warranty then they or the seller will sort it out. The new flex is just a name that mike Phillips gave to it but if you read it can still perform the same way as the Rupes.

As for clean & shiny they probably uped the price because UF had it on for 30 pounds more.

Looking forward to see the new flex when mike Phillips puts up his review soon
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I want to apologise for the price increase, I can understand its a frustration.

There appears that we have had a bit of an admin foobar when it has come to the price and how it was displayed. Originally it should have been the £339 price with a launch offer price on the first 10 machines of £309.00 but it appears the £339 was missed off and this was not noticed. This issue has only surfaced when the next delivery of machines have arrived.

Obviously, we work as hard as we can to offer a competitive price on all our products and have done since we opened our doors way back in 2003. We offer Free Delivery on orders over £50.00 which this would obviously come within. On top of Free Delivery, we offer a 10% discount code to Detailing World which currently brings the price down on this item to £305.10 which is slightly under the price it was before the change. When we have sale prices these are exempt of further discounts and again this has shown up in the last few days.

I did just spend a few minutes searching to see what pricing I could find, Ultimate Finish appear to be slightly more and I did find one other supplier in the UK which was £349.00 so hopefully, you guys will still find our price competitive.

I hope this explains our actions and I want to thank you all for you're continued support you show Clean and Shiny.

John
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clean and Shiny For This Useful Post:
chongo (27-05-2017), ghosty (08-12-2017), tosh (27-05-2017)
Old 27-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #35
tosh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimler_jag View Post
IMHO the XFE should be less than £300 because its a just a finishing tool and not really built like the 3401 to cut + polish + finish and like ammo said you can buy the bigger brother 3401 for £295 new from clean your car and your getting the top of the range beast plus 2 years warranty. spending more than £300 you'd expect to flawlessly do all 3 which this XFE doesn't, also selling this XFE for more than the superior model is only going to bring negative reviews/refunds especially when the price was £30 cheaper few weeks ago and now priced similar to the much sort after Rupes mk2.
You do know you're talking about two completely different machines - one is a random orbital, and the other is forced rotation.

One is not superior to the other. They are different. This is good, because we now have choice. Before, if we wanted a 15mm RO, it was Rupes. Now it's also Flex. Rupes are also releasing a forced rotation, so you will choice there too.

Which machine can 'do it all' in your opinion?
Old 28-05-2017, 02:31 PM   #36
daimler_jag
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean and Shiny View Post
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I want to apologise for the price increase, I can understand its a frustration.

There appears that we have had a bit of an admin foobar when it has come to the price and how it was displayed. Originally it should have been the £339 price with a launch offer price on the first 10 machines of £309.00 but it appears the £339 was missed off and this was not noticed. This issue has only surfaced when the next delivery of machines have arrived.

Obviously, we work as hard as we can to offer a competitive price on all our products and have done since we opened our doors way back in 2003. We offer Free Delivery on orders over £50.00 which this would obviously come within. On top of Free Delivery, we offer a 10% discount code to Detailing World which currently brings the price down on this item to £305.10 which is slightly under the price it was before the change. When we have sale prices these are exempt of further discounts and again this has shown up in the last few days.

I did just spend a few minutes searching to see what pricing I could find, Ultimate Finish appear to be slightly more and I did find one other supplier in the UK which was £349.00 so hopefully, you guys will still find our price competitive.

I hope this explains our actions and I want to thank you all for you're continued support you show Clean and Shiny.

John

In all fairness from a customers point of view its obvious that you don't work hard enough to get competitive prices instead you find the most expensive place and use that as your yard stick

heres just a few examples i found in 10 mins

your selling the flex 3401 for £319
FFX has it for £282 delivered
clean your car has it for £295
thats 11.6% more than other shops
FFX offer Competitive prices and have over 17,000 5 star rating and your boasting about free delivery over £50 spend where this company offer Free deliver with no minimum spend

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/...wwkGgKZdvD_BwE

Another Example
Chemical guys Apple pie 16oz air freshener clean & shiny £10.95
slims detailing £9.95
your 9.1% more
we all know slims we can also get 10% discount on top of that and free delivery over £50

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/inte...freshener.html

and another
Valet pro bilberry 5L clean & shiny £26.95
eBay £23 delivered
or
shopnshine £25.95
shopnshine offer 7.5% discount on top of that and free delivery over £50

https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/valet-p...eel-cleaner-5l

you see a pattern here PEOPLE....?

Also your internet search for the flex XFE seemed like your were aiming to find the most expensive place rather than doing what you should do by finding competitive prices like Bautec-Hoefer

its £267 before Vat delivered for you business company or £320 plus vat delivered and if you have discount code then even better
http://www.bautec-hoefer.de/FLEX-XFE-7-15-150/en

People need to be smart , don't you remember places like home bargains and pound shops selling branded products and you would just pick them up thinking your getting a good deal or it cost the same as the bigger stores but when you break it down and later on find out the grams or ml of the products are less and packaged in similar size boxes to make you think your getting the same size product when your not from the bigger stores like ASDA & WALMART where they charge the same price... thats whats happening here!
all these "discounts" "free delivery" doesn't mean anything when your bank statement reads you paid more or unfairly being exploited on brexit have bumped the prices up or were competitive with other stores etc they all test the water and many fall into the trap which is unfair.

Last edited by daimler_jag; 28-05-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 28-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #37
Clean and Shiny
Approved Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimler_jag View Post
In all fairness from a customers point of view its not obvious that you work hard enough to get competitive prices instead you find the most expensive place and use that as your yard stick

for example
your selling the flex 3401 for £319
FFX has it for £282 delivered
clean your car has it for £295
thats 11.6% more than other shops
FFX offer Competitive prices and have over 17,000 5 star rating and your boasting about free delivery over £50 spend where this company offer Free deliver with no minimum spend

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/...wwkGgKZdvD_BwE

Another Example
Chemical guys Apple pie 16oz air freshener clean & shiny £10.95
slims detailing £9.95
your 9.1% more
we all know slims we can also get 10% discount on top of that and free delivery over £50

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/inte...freshener.html

and another
Valet pro bilberry 5L clean & shiny £26.95
eBay £23 delivered
or
shopnshine £25.95
we all know slims we can also get 7.5% discount on top of that and free delivery over £50

https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/valet-p...eel-cleaner-5l

you see a pattern here PEOPLE....?

Also your internet search for the flex XFE seemed like your were aiming to find the most expensive place rather than doing what you should do by finding competitive prices like Bautec-Hoefer

its £267 before Vat delivered for you business company or £320 plus vat delivered and if you have discount code then even better
http://www.bautec-hoefer.de/FLEX-XFE-7-15-150/en

People need to be smart , don't you remember places like home bargains and pound shops selling branded products and you would just pick them up thinking your getting a good deal or it cost the same as the bigger stores but when you break it down and later on find out the grams or ml of the products are less and packaged in similar size boxes to make you think your getting the same size product when your not from the bigger stores like ASDA & WALMART where they charge the same price... thats whats happening here!
all these "discounts" "free delivery" doesn't mean anything when your bank statement reads you paid more or unfairly being exploited on brexit have bumped the prices up or were competitive with other stores etc they all test the water and many fall into the trap which is unfair.
Thank you for your in depth reply.

I take on board all your saying, perhaps some of these other companies are getting a better deal than we are as some of the prices your quoting are actually cheaper than my cost price, I will be taking this up with suppliers next week as to how this can occur. There is no way we could stay in business selling at some of the prices you mention.

When we compared the price of the XFE we compared it with UK companies, we do not compare pricing with companies in Europe.

All I know is I work really hard doing what I do, its Sunday afternoon and I am here replying to you for example. It looks like in this case we wont be able to help you as a consumer with your future purchases though.

Regards,

John
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clean and Shiny For This Useful Post:
dave-g (28-05-2017), ghosty (08-12-2017), tosh (28-05-2017)
Old 28-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #38
daimler_jag
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
You do know you're talking about two completely different machines - one is a random orbital, and the other is forced rotation.

One is not superior to the other. They are different. This is good, because we now have choice. Before, if we wanted a 15mm RO, it was Rupes. Now it's also Flex. Rupes are also releasing a forced rotation, so you will choice there too.

Which machine can 'do it all' in your opinion?
Yes I'm fully aware there 2 different machines.

Its like cars... Volkswagen have a Golf all different spec and petrol and diesel engines but then you have the sports flagship model thats superior
same thing here.

Its good we have the choice and i agree but i can't accept a 2.0TDI Golf costing more than a 2.0T Golf R
or a porche boxer costing more than a porsche 911 turbo or even being similar price

Just doesn't make any sense.
Old 28-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #39
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 16,972 Times in 6,303 Posts
Garage
Chaps Whilst I appreciate the Discussion and that Prices can vary from shop to Shop - Its Clean and Shiny prerogative to change prices when they feel the need

As this is CLEAN AND SHINY's section I dont think its fair to be putting up other traders prices and details within this section

I think everything has been covered now so thread now closed
Closed Thread