Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 12-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #11
shine247
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,101 Times in 810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
I find 5 seconds is usually enough. You can watch for water exiting the outlet and switch off as soon as it stops.

You don't want to run it dry for too long, just long enough.

Alan W
My suggestion was for the op's model which I believe will work the same as mine.

Restart the machine and activate the trigger. Let the machine run until no more water runs through the spraygun.

I have seen it quoted around 20 seconds by Nilfisk somewhere, if you have a 15m hose fitted it takes ages, so long in fact I do not always fully clear the pipe but I am sure the pump will be cleared. I would say it is more important in winter to reduce the risk of frost damage along with any other protective measures or when there are long spells of inactivity.

The E140 has no easily accessible outlet, you are of course right about some models.

I apologise if I have missed something but felt it best to mention this as it could confuse.

Last edited by shine247; 12-01-2017 at 05:48 PM.
shine247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #12
Alan W
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,748 Times in 2,142 Posts
Garage
Sorry, I should have said that I disconnect both inlet and outlet hoses and 5 seconds is enough for me to see the water exit from the outlet connection of the pressure washer and stop flowing.

It would be a lot longer if you were waiting for the water to be pumped through the full length of the outlet hose (10m or whatever).

Hope that helps.

Alan W
Alan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #13
shine247
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,101 Times in 810 Posts
No problem at all Alan, I only wish some of the Exxx models allowed you to discconnect the outlet to because it would be so much better.
shine247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shine247 For This Useful Post:
Alan W (12-01-2017)