Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #41
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob267 View Post
Jesus.....
You aint joking about the big ends.
Did it ruin the crank shaft?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thankfully not, the crank is still like new so it'll be cleaned up and good to go.
I assume the bearings are designed to wear like that rather than ruin the crank.
Arwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 08:34 AM   #42
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

The engine has now been fully rebuilt and is back in the car. We've done some modifications to the head and exhaust so we are hoping for a little bit more power. Initial start up was fine with no nasty noises any more so its a case of so far so good. There's a few jobs left to do before its ready for the running in period but all being well it will be on the road by the weekend.
My plan is to break it back in gently for a few hundred miles and then begin testing as we are doing a road rally on the 4th of November.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arwel For This Useful Post:
slim_boy_fat (19-10-2017)
Old 19-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #43
Enumero
Sponge Jockey

Only just seen this thread as will be watching keenly. Gutted not to be able to see the original pics (205’s are my history) but I know how much of a pita photobucket can be with just breaking links.

Great read so far though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enumero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #44
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enumero View Post
Only just seen this thread as will be watching keenly. Gutted not to be able to see the original pics (205’s are my history) but I know how much of a pita photobucket can be with just breaking links.

Great read so far though

Hi, here is a link to the old Peugeot thread on Turbosport. Think all the photos are there, its lengthy as it goes back to 2009 haha.

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=151768
Old 19-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #45
Enumero
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwel View Post
Hi, here is a link to the old Peugeot thread on Turbosport. Think all the photos are there, its lengthy as it goes back to 2009 haha.

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=151768

That’s my afternoon filled then

Enumero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enumero For This Useful Post:
Arwel (19-10-2017)
Old 23-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #46
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

Quick little update. Did a very gentle 10 miles on Sunday afternoon and on return to the garage we had a little oil leak. More concerning however was a rattle coming from the head. We are hoping its a clearance issue with the valve buckets but will need investigating to find out what it is. Not ideal but rather it happen now than in 2 weeks when the rally is. More updates to follow once we've got to the bottom of the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwel For This Useful Post:
Cookies (23-10-2017)
Old 24-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #47
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

Problem solved last night, turned out the noise wasn't coming from the head but was actually coming from the waterpump. A bolt had worked its way loose and was allowing it to rattle when warming up. A quick adjustment and re tighten everything and all is well again. Couldn't find any signs of an oil leak so it could just be some old oil dripping off the bottom of the engine. Everything was cleaned up and we shall keep an eye on it. But now I can carry on with some running in and then some testing.
Old 24-10-2017, 09:25 AM   #48
Forsh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage

Great news hope the rest goes to plan!

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Forsh For This Useful Post:
Arwel (24-10-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #49
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

Had a bit of a productive week so far. Put some good mileage on the car and done some testing in the local lanes ahead of the road rally this weekend. All is well so just an oil change, swap wheels and a wash and a check over and we shall be all set to go. We've been seeded car 50 on this weekends Powys Lanes road rally and we are first away in class. Quick snap below of it in standing out in the works car park.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #50
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

So the weekend didn't quite go to plan. Started off very well in what were very challenging conditions. I've never driven on surfaces so slip as they were covered in hail stoned, leaves, mud and water. Despite this we set a decent pace and caught the car ahead of us during the first section.
Unfortunately the second section didn't go so well. We got the car stuck in a ditch which cost us 10 minutes in trying to escape it. In an effort to try and claw back some time we pushed on hard over the next few miles which included going through a farm yard and down a farm track. The farm track was to be our undoing as it proved to be quite rough, combined with my extra enthusiasm behind the wheel trying to claw back time, we hit a large rock or a step in the track which bent the suspension arm. With one wheel pointing in the wrong direction we limped to the end of the section and retired.
Not the way it was planned to go but that is rallying for you. We shall replace the damaged parts and some strength to the new ones to prevent it happening again and we are aiming to compete in December on Jaffa Stages in Pembrey.