Detailing World Forum banner

Carplan No1 Super Gloss

255K views 338 replies 87 participants last post by  adeel43 
#1 ·
Good Morning Fellow Detailers.

I have seen Carplan No1 Super Gloss ON OFFER at Eurocarpart, has some big claims i.e applies in 10 minutes and last for 12 months etc. Seems to me like a Sonax BSD, QD etc.

I currently use SONAX BSD and it's the Mutts !!. Has anybody used this ? had any experience of it ? I have had varied results with CARPLAN products so not holding up much hope for this one, however if anyone on here has used it, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.:detailer:

#72 ·
Come on Gixxer! I did say it made drying the car a much better experience for me!
Nothing to compare it to but all the same it impressed me

As for gloss, I didn't use it as intended, just as a drying aid but it was glossy but I put DSW on about 3-4 weeks ago and has been glossy since then

:)

#77 ·
its only been with us a few days really....

Its a good product that I've used a couple of times already on one of my cars, but Carplan is about as trendy and hyped up as using Tesco Value shampoo on your car, and being sold in a supermarket means no detailer in their right mind would admit to using it....right......:devil::devil:

Put it in a funky bottle and put a silly name to it and give a few samples to a few people here and hey presto - a winner!!!

#80 ·
Seems I was lucky to find a working bottle in Sainsbury's.

Not used it on the car yet but used as a waterless wash on a dusty mountain bike. The bike is wrapped in a satin paint protection film but it worked just fine. It picked up a thick layer of very fine dust easily and a few seconds to dwell it wiped straight off with a plush MF. It felt well lubricated when using and a second spray and wipe with the mf showed no dirt had been left behind. Initial beading looks good.

It doesn't really seem a comparable product to BSD, as I find that more of a spray sealant with extreme water behaviour but not very good at all the other jobs a QD is generally used for

#100 ·
Used it again tonight as a drying aid on half the car, the other half BSD. Weather was drizzling and temps dropping close towards dew point.

Spraying the carplan onto a wet panel there was a slight change in the standing water to want to head up and start moving down the panel. Feels nice and slick as it spreads like most QD's and removed without fuss or streaking even in the damp conditions. Through tonight's drizzle the heads are nice and small on all panels but not crisp and uniform in shape, certainly not what I get from bouncers done and dusted, megs UQD, etc.

BSD didnt really offer much in slickness to the drying and didn't cause the water the start running. Was a little smeary when trying to remove but 2 mf's ensured s dry panel. I'm sure we all know what to expect from the beading that followed.

Other than initial cost I still can't see them as comparable products, but would use each of them for different purposes.

#101 ·
Used it again tonight as a drying aid on half the car, the other half BSD. Weather was drizzling and temps dropping close towards dew point.

Spraying the carplan onto a wet panel there was a slight change in the standing water to want to head up and start moving down the panel. Feels nice and slick as it spreads like most QD's and removed without fuss or streaking even in the damp conditions. Through tonight's drizzle the heads are nice and small on all panels but not crisp and uniform in shape, certainly not what I get from bouncers done and dusted, megs UQD, etc.

BSD didnt really offer much in slickness to the drying and didn't cause the water the start running. Was a little smeary when trying to remove but 2 mf's ensured s dry panel. I'm sure we all know what to expect from the beading that followed.

Other than initial cost I still can't see them as comparable products, but would use each of them for different purposes.
Thanks for posting your review of both products, it seems that both are actually misnamed ! BSD is really a spray on sealant which is marketed as a detailer and Car Plan is marketed as spray sealant but actually is a detailer [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

#104 ·
Haven't posted on here for ages due to moving house and getting married soon but did catch this thread and picked up a bottle from sainsburys.

The in laws are holiday currently and their mini roadster was a little dusty having sat for over a week so thought I'd give this a try. Very very impressed with the gloss

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#106 ·
The Mini looks great. I suspect this is going to be one of those mainstream retail products thats actually every bit as good as many of the trendy niche detailing brand products. I was watching a review of PNS the other day and after 5 months it was still doing really well, and so was the Turtlewax Ice right next to it! :lol:

#108 ·
The Mini looks great. I suspect this is going to be one of those mainstream retail products thats actually every bit as good as many of the trendy niche detailing brand products. I was watching a review of PNS the other day and after 5 months it was still doing really well, and so was the Turtlewax Ice right next to it! [emoji38]
Cheers, was literally a five minute wipe over at the most it was so easy to apply.

Looking forward to trying this on my A3. Might get a couple more bottles

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#111 ·
I agree - I bet their stuff appears in more places than we think! Take the lilac colouring out of Supergloss and it could be any number of spray sealant products....

I saw 3 bottles today and tried them all. 100% success rate and all worked fine. Just running out of my general purpose spray sealant so this will be ideal for loads of situations and 1L for £10 is a bargain.

#191 ·
I agree - I bet their stuff appears in more places than we think! Take the lilac colouring out of Supergloss and it could be any number of spray sealant products....
New !!

Nano-Tech Hydro Shield+ Armor Protection Coating Max V2

Just £29.99 for 100ml . Apply sparingly - enough for 4 cars.

or the economical super-bargain-professional-sized 300ml for just £49.99 making big savings….

…. Oh I get more cynical about all forms of marketing with each passing year…LOL

#121 ·
its only about £10 full price and was about £8 before, so I doubt anyone is going to make much money from this stuff.... Probably pro detailers who will offer it as an expensive sealant upgrade to customers :lol:

Its going on one of the big Rolls Royces I look after as its a vast machine and a quick easy quality spray sealant is just the job :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.