Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 12-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
Morph3ous
Washmitt Meister

New Car Sealant advice please

Dear all,

It's been a number of years since I was last here. When I got my new car back in 2007 I was all over the detailing scene, accumulating a box full of cleaning kit inc a DA polisher and other bits and pieces. The last few years as the car has gotten tired my love for keeping it immaculate waned too.
I'm now in the position where I have another new car coming from the dealer in a couple of weeks, so i'm looking to see if I should 'upgrade' some of my kit.

As for the paint, the new car is black metallic. I've got an ageing tin of Megs #16 in the garage that I used to put over the top of either Autoglym SRP or the Menzerna polishes I have with my DA. Is this still worth using? My first option is to keep doing what I used to do, give the car a going over with Menzerna and Megs #16 but I'm sure there are loads of more modern alternatives out there? One that really appeals to me is the nano technology stuff that can bond to the paint and offer really long lasting protection. Brands such as GTechniq and Nanolex seem very interesting, but unless I'm going to see a huge difference I'm not sure I could justify the cost of going down this route. I love nice tight beading and water just running off the car. This is what I'm looking to achieve.

I used to use Carlack on the glass, and this product seemed pretty good but I think i'm running out in all honesty. So whats out there nowadays for the glass? Again, Nanolex Ultra/Urban seem popular from a brief bit of reading on here? I have some Autoglym Glass Polish to prep before sealant.

I never used a dedicated wheel sealant before, I just used to pop a bit of Megs#16 on them. The new car has diamond cut alloys so I'll be looking for something for them too please.

Lastly, the interior is leather. I have three children inc a 2 year old so any advice on something that can help prevent it looking 10 years old in 1 year would be appreciated.

So, please offer me some advice on what you would do if you were in my position.

Thanks!
Morph3ous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
OvEr_KiLL
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,282 Times in 1,088 Posts
for glass try nanolex urban or angelwax h2go

wheel sealant i use race glaze nano wheel seal, just spray it on clean dry rims then leave a few mins and buff. do another layer 1h later and 2 layers will make your diamond cuts shine and last 6 months, i use it on my diamond cuts

on my black metallic i have recently done this http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...=396219&page=3
using black ice instead of midnight sun

here is the kit http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-kit-cat1.html
OvEr_KiLL is offline   Reply With Quote