Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 15-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
nicks16v
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Bouncers bead Juice, what am I doing wrong ?

I just cant seem to get it right, I always end up with marks. Am I using too much ? I spray and it doesnt seem to be covering the whole panel so I spray some more, but it just leaves marks after drying. If I spray two squirts per panel like the bonnet it doesnt seem like its touching anything so I spray it so Im getting a mist on each part then power wash off, but still the same glued on marks. What am I doing wrong ? Help
nicks16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #2
steve_07

You only need a few sprays per panel. I quirt a few sprays on a panel then use an old dooka mitt and wipe it around the panel before pressure washing off. Covers the whole panel and doesn't use much at all. You could even use the dry method like a QD. Few sprays per panel spread with microfibre then flip and buff.
steve_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve_07 For This Useful Post:
nicks16v (15-05-2017)
Old 15-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
nicks16v

I think I might be using too much as i dont think Im covering enough panel. I thought that was the selling point of it? I seem to spray one part of the bonnet but it hits say 1/20th of it, so I spray more so its all covered thinking I need to hit each part. I take it thats wrong ? Anyone successfully done the wet method ? What am I doing wrong ? Should i ignore me not covering each section and just do two sprays and ignore whether i think Ive covered it all or not ?
Old 16-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,765 Posts
Garage
Sounds like too much being applied. Spreading it with a wet but otherwise clean wash mitt is the way forward. Couple of sprays per panel (for a door say - maybe another one for a bonnet, etc), spread it all over, leave for a minute, jet wash off. It's what I used to do with Gyeon Wet Coat, which is a similar product, worked well.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
nick_mcuk (16-05-2017), Sicskate (16-05-2017)
Old 16-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
steve_07

I have successfully done the wet method by just spraying. I probably used 4 or 5 sprays on the bonnet. The spray head is wide so it covers. Even the mist off the spray will still be touching the panel. The panel doesn't have to be soaking wet. When pressure washing off bead juice is so active that I have found when it pushes around from the water it's still covering and protecting. Hope that makes sense.
steve_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
nick_mcuk
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,173 Times in 2,068 Posts
Garage
Send a message via MSN to nick_mcuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks16v View Post
I just cant seem to get it right, I always end up with marks. Am I using too much ? I spray and it doesnt seem to be covering the whole panel so I spray some more, but it just leaves marks after drying. If I spray two squirts per panel like the bonnet it doesnt seem like its touching anything so I spray it so Im getting a mist on each part then power wash off, but still the same glued on marks. What am I doing wrong ? Help
So I had a play around with application of Bead Juice the other weekend....i deffo DO NOT suggest that you spray on then simply wash off as you get exactly the issues you are describing and they are a pig to buff off.

Same goes for the spray on the panel then wipe over then rinse method...lots better but still not perfect.

Best method I have found is get a wash mitt...nice and wet couple of fine sprays on it wipe over the wet panel (one at a time) then rinse....leaves a perfect finish.

Do one panel at a time and rinse...especially if its a sunny day and the car is a dark colour.

Oh and I had no joy with applying to a dry car and buffing off....took me a while to get the smears off the boot of the TVR!!

Not knocking this product at all as its downright amazing but the best method for great results is as I mention above.
nick_mcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nick_mcuk For This Useful Post:
nicks16v (16-05-2017)
Old 16-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #7
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,765 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_mcuk View Post
So I had a play around with application of Bead Juice the other weekend....i deffo DO NOT suggest that you spray on then simply wash off as you get exactly the issues you are describing and they are a pig to buff off.

Same goes for the spray on the panel then wipe over then rinse method...lots better but still not perfect.

Best method I have found is get a wash mitt...nice and wet couple of fine sprays on it wipe over the wet panel (one at a time) then rinse....leaves a perfect finish.

Do one panel at a time and rinse...especially if its a sunny day and the car is a dark colour.

Oh and I had no joy with applying to a dry car and buffing off....took me a while to get the smears off the boot of the TVR!!

Not knocking this product at all as its downright amazing but the best method for great results is as I mention above.
Sounds like it's a more concentrated product than Wet Coat then
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #8
nick_mcuk
Distinguished Detailer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Sounds like it's a more concentrated product than Wet Coat then
I would absolutely say so....the volume of active ingredient is much higher.....and it sticks to anything....try it on wheels!
The Following User Says Thank You to nick_mcuk For This Useful Post:
steelghost (16-05-2017)
Old 21-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #9
nicks16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_mcuk View Post

Tried this method on the weekend, worked a treat. Thanks Nick
The Following User Says Thank You to nicks16v For This Useful Post:
nick_mcuk (21-06-2017)
Old 21-06-2017, 12:08 PM   #10
nick_mcuk
Distinguished Detailer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks16v View Post
Tried this method on the weekend, worked a treat. Thanks Nick
Ah great news!

Thanks for taking the time to post back to say.