Detailing World Forum banner

Screen protectors for curved samsung phones

7K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  DLGWRX02 
#1 ·
Just upgraded to a S8+ and am in the market for a decent screen protector, the internet is a minefield of info but has anyone got any real world tests for them, torn between old style vinyl type protector or a glass one. I had glass on my old s7 but it was not the curved version and didn't have any issues

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#2 ·
We had the same issues last year with the wife's 'Edge'.

Bought one from fleabay with great feedback. Even after prepping it fully and taking my time, it had the tiniest of bubbles in it. The edge started to lift on one corner a few days/weeks later.

The wife has kept it on as it's better than nothing.

I'd be interested also if anyone has any positive experiences of a certain make/supplier etc...

#3 ·
Hi guys

I have an S8, and currently use a Tech21 case along with a zagg screen protector.

This is the one I bought.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/382034206002

I've used zagg on a number of phones in the past, and they've always worked for me. It's a soft, gel like protector that self heals. Application was a doddle, as you apply the screen protector with a backing sheet that has the exact outline of the pride for on it, so you know where you're placing it. Once you've applied it, remove the backing sheet, and then rub the edges of the protector around the curve of the phone screen.

Mine has been on roughly 6 weeks now, and it's great and not lifting at all, dispite what the reviews say.

Cheers

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#9 · (Edited)
I use an otterbox strada case for my S7 Edge

It cost a lot at the time something like £35 when I bought it.

I don't use a separate screen protector and the case itself has more than paid for itself.

I once dropped it out of my pocket when getting out of a truck and the phone survived after landing on solid concrete.

The only down side with this sort of case is that wireless charging seems to be affected and it's really picky about being used on a wireless charger. Also if you use a gear VR headset then you have to take it out of the case each time.

My partner uses a tech21 case (S7 Edge also) and that just hasn't held up in terms of build quality.

#11 ·
Ok so update time, I've bought the spigen tough armour case and the zagg screen protector, the zagg lasted all of 5 minutes as the case took the edges up so I ordered the spigen neo flex which is a wet based application protector unfortunately this doesn't fit great either but will do for the time being

#14 ·
I use genuine Samsung ones on my S8, you get two per pack. The first lasted about 4 months but where you swipe up from the bottom (assuming you have the self hiding menu) it started to peel at that point. So recently I applied the 2nd one I had. Didn't go well, lots of air bubbles but strangely after being in my pocket for a few hours and getting warm they all disappeared. Fits great, obviously.

It is still a bit thick I think and it's too easy to catch the edge so ideally I'd find something thinner but that still fitted well.

#15 ·
As an update to this if anyone is looking for screen protectors for their curved Samsung I have found that the spigen wet application protector and the otterbox case is the best combo as now 4 months on the protector is still doing its job and is currently not lifting on the edges, it is a little more work to fit them but we'll worth it

#16 ·
I can’t temember the make of one I got on my galaxy note 8, but it’s a bit like ppf film, I applied a light mist of soapy water then squeegeed it on, it’s been almost 12 months has a littoe bit of lift on on side due to catching on one of the various cases I’ve had. But it’s still on bubble free and the screen unmarked. Should serve me well when it comes to trade in for the new note9.

#17 ·
I can't temember the make of one I got on my galaxy note 8, but it's a bit like ppf film, I applied a light mist of soapy water then squeegeed it on, it's been almost 12 months has a littoe bit of lift on on side due to catching on one of the various cases I've had. But it's still on bubble free and the screen unmarked. Should serve me well when it comes to trade in for the new note9.
That's like the spigen, it's a faff but is tough as nails so far

#25 ·
I use zagg protectors in my household. its a little bit pricey but got a lifetime guarantee. a doddle to fit as it comes with screen wipe, cloth, sticker for removing dust and a squeegee thing. the model I got also came with a jig so it lines up perfectly.

the lifetime guarantee is not a gimmick too as ive claimed several times over the years. when you register the product you also give your card details. when you claim for a replacement over the phone or net, they send you one out straightaway. you will receive the replacement and a pre paid envelope so you can send your damaged one back. if you don't then they will debit your account for a replacement. 30 days to send the old one back.

#27 ·
i've literally just finished putting on my screen knight,mall was going so well, until my two balls of fur decided to jump up as i was placing it and there fur has to be the finest on the planet... I'm all for bathing the pair of them in Veet Immac..
At least with this you can pull it off and on as many the mes as needed as long as it's kept soapy.

offending animal, him and his sister who is camera shy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.