Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Traders > Polished Bliss
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polished Bliss Buy Online And Earn Loyalty Points As You Shop | Award-Winning Customer Service | Free UK-Wide Delivery Over £35.00 | 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee | 303 | 3M | Aqua Gleam | Atomiza | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Black Mamba | BLACKFIRE | Braun Automotive | Carlack | Collinite | DeFelsko | Deltalyo | Dr Leather | EZ Detail | FLEX | Flexipads | Gyeon | Lake Country | Meguiar’s | Menzerna | MESTO | MetroVac | Microfiber Madness | Nanolex | PA | PB | RUPES | SCANGRIP | SCHOLL Concepts | Scratch Shield | Swissvax

Old 05-08-2017, 12:02 AM   #11
daimler_jag
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich @ PB View Post
I've double checked on Instagram and I never received your reply; might you have accidentally deleted it when you deleted your original comment? If I had of received it obviously I would have replied asap...

You raise a good point about the offer cutoff not being stated on Insta; I'll try to remember to post this info on Insta in future. On our other social platforms we link directly to the online version of our news blast, which carries all of the offer info, but Insta is different (because you can't post links). However, offer info is always visible on the special offers page of our site, and if you want to make sure you don't miss out in future, please make sure you sign up for our news blasts, as this is our primary channel for advertising special offers...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...t-service.html

Very poor customer service and resolution from you Polished Bliss!!

I have just seen your instagram page and ammo-mcr question is cleary there which you claim you haven't received?

In the past i too had a similar problem with your website not applying the discount and was brushed off by Polished Bliss so i took my custom elsewhere to someone who's priority is to put customers first.
After all we are the ones who help local businesses to keep the lights on when they can easily buy direct or european sellers for less
not cool Rich you may become Poor!

Last edited by daimler_jag; 05-08-2017 at 12:07 AM.
daimler_jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #12
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,207 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimler_jag View Post
Very poor customer service and resolution from you Polished Bliss!!

I have just seen your instagram page and ammo-mcr question is cleary there which you claim you haven't received?

In the past i too had a similar problem with your website not applying the discount and was brushed off by Polished Bliss so i took my custom elsewhere to someone who's priority is to put customers first.
After all we are the ones who help local businesses to keep the lights on when they can easily buy direct or european sellers for less
not cool Rich you may become Poor!
I normally don't get involved in this type of "discussion" as there are too many people online who just want to publicly slate companies or get involved when it's really nothing to do with them. I appreciate you've had a similar problem previously however why come on slating them and suggesting their lying Your post couldve been worded appropriately saying you've had a similar problem in the past which would've been fair comment.

There's clearly a problem with Instagram as I posted on this thread earlier explaining about the repost by DW. I've checked again and I still can't see the ammo_mcr comment either that you can see so it's pretty unfair to suggest that polished bliss are lying (by your use of the word "claim"). I can only see 4 comments and ammo_ncr isn't one of them and I know his Instagram account name is different than his DW username from Polished Bliss reply to him which is one of the comments.

I've used Polished Bliss a number of times along with numerous other companies and have always found PB very helpful. My very first detailing purchase many years ago was from them and they spent time on the phone with me explaining loads and offering suggestions to suit my needs. They're always competitively priced and any subsequent orders I've made has always been trouble and stress free. I say keep up the good work PB
macca666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
Rich @ PB (05-08-2017), steview (05-08-2017), WHIZZER (10-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 11:55 AM   #13
Ads_ClioV6

Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,386 Posts
Garage
Bit harsh mistakes happen.Always had 1st class service from pb.A thread bashing doesn't benefit anyone
Ads_ClioV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ads_ClioV6 For This Useful Post:
Rich @ PB (08-08-2017), Sicskate (10-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 12:01 PM   #14
Rich @ PB
Approved DW Trader

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,161 Posts
Does anyone really think I would would publicly deny receiving a comment if I and the rest of the world could clearly see it?! Here's a screenshot of what I can see on that Insta post on my iphone...

And, if you visit the same page via a web browser (i.e. not logged on to the PB account) you can see exactly the same...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW0N_tIl...=polishedbliss

If I'm going mad and you can see something that I can't by all means please share a screenshot and if possible tell me what I'm doing wrong, as we never intentionally fail to reply to any questions.

With regards to the general comments about offers not working, and being brushed off in the past, the following applies, as it does to all customers...

1. When we run offers, we test their functionality first on a development site, and then test them again immediately after launch on the live site, to make sure they are working properly. We also test across a number of devices and across iOS and Windows ecosystems, to try to make sure nothing is amiss. Offers are usually uploaded at lunchtimes too, to give us time to identify any issues before we close for the day. With regards to the weekend offer being discussed here, the above procedure was followed, and based on the lack of any other complaints, combined with the large number of orders we took, I have no reason to suspect anything was wrong at our end. Obviously we're unable to test for every eventuality at the customers end, so none of this is saying anyone reporting an issue isn't experiencing an issue; rather that it's more likely it's local to their device/connection.

2. In cases where customers are having technical difficulties, we will in every case do our best to help them resolve it and take advantage of the offer they are trying to take advantage of. However, we do expect them to get in touch promptly, and by appropriate means. While we always do our best to monitor our social channels for questions on a daily basis, we cannot guarantee it, as we are a small business with few hands on deck. We do, however, guarantee replies to e-mails and voicemails within one working day; these are the main communication channels we use. In this specific case, had I received another comment from the OP on Insta, I would have advised him to either phone or email with the details first thing on Monday morning, at which point we then would have processed his order for him manually. The first I knew about his continuing issue was when he posted on this thread 11 days later... which is not a reasonable timescale in our opinion. If it had been me, and I was really keen to take advantage of the offer, I'd have phoned and/or e-mailed on the Sunday evening if a reply hadn't been forthcoming, or at the very latest asap on the Monday. The reason why we won't honour offers well after they close boils down to maintaining a fair cutoff point for everyone; if we didn't do this then we wouldn't be treating everyone equally, as we'd effectively be saying we'll do you a personal deal, and that's not how we roll. We accept that this might not please some people, but it's more important to us to know that we are being fair, even if we end up losing some business as a result.

I won't be back on here until Monday now as I have a lot to do at work today and lots to do at home tomorrow, but I'll check in again on Monday to see if I did miss anything on Insta (any screenshots appreciated). I obviously want to try to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to anyone else in future.

Rich @ PB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich @ PB For This Useful Post:
Ads_ClioV6 (05-08-2017), BaileyA3 (05-08-2017), macca666 (05-08-2017), WHIZZER (10-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #15
noddy r32

I find rich and polished bliss one of the best detailing suppliers out there and so helpful
noddy r32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noddy r32 For This Useful Post:
chris.t (05-08-2017), Rich @ PB (08-08-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 01:27 AM   #16
ammo-mcr
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich @ PB View Post
Does anyone really think I would would publicly deny receiving a comment if I and the rest of the world could clearly see it?! Here's a screenshot of what I can see on that Insta post on my iphone...

And, if you visit the same page via a web browser (i.e. not logged on to the PB account) you can see exactly the same...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW0N_tIl...=polishedbliss

If I'm going mad and you can see something that I can't by all means please share a screenshot and if possible tell me what I'm doing wrong, as we never intentionally fail to reply to any questions.

With regards to the general comments about offers not working, and being brushed off in the past, the following applies, as it does to all customers...

1. When we run offers, we test their functionality first on a development site, and then test them again immediately after launch on the live site, to make sure they are working properly. We also test across a number of devices and across iOS and Windows ecosystems, to try to make sure nothing is amiss. Offers are usually uploaded at lunchtimes too, to give us time to identify any issues before we close for the day. With regards to the weekend offer being discussed here, the above procedure was followed, and based on the lack of any other complaints, combined with the large number of orders we took, I have no reason to suspect anything was wrong at our end. Obviously we're unable to test for every eventuality at the customers end, so none of this is saying anyone reporting an issue isn't experiencing an issue; rather that it's more likely it's local to their device/connection.

2. In cases where customers are having technical difficulties, we will in every case do our best to help them resolve it and take advantage of the offer they are trying to take advantage of. However, we do expect them to get in touch promptly, and by appropriate means. While we always do our best to monitor our social channels for questions on a daily basis, we cannot guarantee it, as we are a small business with few hands on deck. We do, however, guarantee replies to e-mails and voicemails within one working day; these are the main communication channels we use. In this specific case, had I received another comment from the OP on Insta, I would have advised him to either phone or email with the details first thing on Monday morning, at which point we then would have processed his order for him manually. The first I knew about his continuing issue was when he posted on this thread 11 days later... which is not a reasonable timescale in our opinion. If it had been me, and I was really keen to take advantage of the offer, I'd have phoned and/or e-mailed on the Sunday evening if a reply hadn't been forthcoming, or at the very latest asap on the Monday. The reason why we won't honour offers well after they close boils down to maintaining a fair cutoff point for everyone; if we didn't do this then we wouldn't be treating everyone equally, as we'd effectively be saying we'll do you a personal deal, and that's not how we roll. We accept that this might not please some people, but it's more important to us to know that we are being fair, even if we end up losing some business as a result.

I won't be back on here until Monday now as I have a lot to do at work today and lots to do at home tomorrow, but I'll check in again on Monday to see if I did miss anything on Insta (any screenshots appreciated). I obviously want to try to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to anyone else in future.

i dont see any point in sending a screenshot as you have made clear you dont have a resolution however here it is in case you thought i was making it up,
the reason why i didnt call on sunday evening because like i said it was late on sunday evening approx 10pm-11pm the store is closed so whats the point of phoning on monday i missed the deal as this is weekend only and wasnt aware of your cutoff being the following day. i understand you may not have had any more people complain but that shouldnt be the yard stick to judge if your website was having issues or not. Maybe no one else purchased scangrip on sunday at the time i was having issues?
anyway i stumbled upon this post and thought id mention what happened to me i didnt set out "ohhh i need to contact polished bliss and tell them my issues i had 11 days ago"

I dont have a problem with this fair cut off point it only makes sence unless in my case i was having problems. my connection was fine i used data and interent and few different servers just to make sure.
In retail as a assitant manger we have always trained employees customers are always right even if there wrong and shouldnt exclude gesture of goodwill or honour at manager discretion as its only good for business and good business practise which nearly every company has as a standard and customers remember these little things.

anyways i have purchased the scangrip multmatch2 sunmatch2 dmatch2 matchpen along with the tripods and wow what a brilliant tool and highly recommend for any detailer to add to the arsenal

Last edited by ammo-mcr; 10-08-2017 at 01:37 AM.
ammo-mcr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ammo-mcr For This Useful Post:
Rich @ PB (10-08-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #17
Rich @ PB
Approved DW Trader

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,161 Posts
The reason for posting the screenshot was simply to prove what I could see; I didn't think you were making it up, rather I was addressing the insinuation by by daimler_jag that I was making it up! I appreciate you posting what you can see on Insta; on my iphone the comment is still missing (see below), but I can now see it if I visit our Insta page via a web broswer on my iMac. Clearly there is something weird going on with Insta; I've had a quick scout on the web for any guidance, and it seems Insta is often a bit flakey with comments showing for some folk and not others. I'll keep this in mind in future and write a longer script on special offer posts, including what to do if it's not working. Hopefully this will prevent this type of situation arising again in future.

Just to be clear about the offer; it wasn't a SCANGRIP offer as such, rather a blanket discount across the whole site giving 10% off all orders over £50. The fact that we tested it thoroughly coupled with a large number of orders being placed successfully over the course of the weekend (including late on Sunday) is the yardstick I'm using to judge that it was most likely a local issue to you. However, regardless, we would've still honoured the offer if you had reported the issue to us much sooner (as I've already outlined in detail above). Finally, in relation to your comment about the customer always being right; adhering strictly to this often results in a small minority of people being treated better than others, which isn't fair in our opinion. Instead, we work within guidelines that we apply to everyone equally, which keeps the playing field fair and even.

Rich @ PB is offline   Reply With Quote