Detailing World Forum banner

Cleaning and protecting alloy wheels without removing them from var

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dazzlers82 
#1 ·
I don't have the luxury of having time to take the wheels off my car to treat or coat and them.
I was wondering how you would and with what would you treat alloy wheels if you were keeping them on the car

#2 ·
I do take my wheels off to coat them but if you cant then you could always use something like af aqua coat or bead juice to coat after washing. Even though mine are treated, once a month i always re top up with aqua coat to assist in protection, its literally spray on and pressure wash off. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
If it’s a question of time then you may be practicing false economy. Removing the wheels and thoroughly cleaning and coating them does take a little longer, but the results will also last longer and make subsequent cleaning quicker and easier. Leaving them on the car is less effective, so would have to be done more often in order to maintain the same standard. Six of one and half a dozen of the other.

#6 ·
Okay - so say I take the wheels off - I can only take one wheel off at a time and would have to have all the wheels back on within a day. I can't leave the wheels around for two to three hours for coating's etc to dry.

C5, for an example, has to stay dry for 12 hours - I can't manage that as the car is outside!

I guess I am looking for something which I can apply quickly and lasts a long time! I use AG's Wheel Protector which lasts about a month before i have to reapply, and that's only the front of the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.